Artist's Touch for iPhone
By Artamata, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Draw like Da Vinci, Paint like a Picasso!
ON SALE! – New 2.0 Update
★★★★★ Rave Review for Artist's Touch!
• NY Times: "As an untrained and unskilled (and untalented) artist, I achieved the best results from a program called Artist’s Touch."
• Macworld.com: "Even if you've never painted a day in your life, you can count on producing beautiful works of art in no time with the help of Artist's Touch"
• CNET: Five favorite iPhone photo apps
• TopTenREVIEWS.com: Top Ten Photography App
• 148apps.com: "Feeling artistic? [Artist's Touch] can help you work on becoming the digital equivalent of Van Gogh. Though you’ll still never hear the end of it about all that money dad spent on art school."
• NewLaunches.com: If you thought that the iSteam App was cool, wait until you see the new Artist's Touch app.
How It Works:
Step 1: Select your favorite photo.
• Your child
• Sports highlights
Seconds later your photo fades into a "blueprint" which acts as a magic guide as you paint.
Step 2: Select your paint media:
• Oil Paint
• Pen and Ink
• Scratch Board
Make your painting look even more realistic with these paper textures:
• Cracked Paint
• Rough Paper
Step 3: Painting Technique
Paint using a simple but important technique: start with a large brush size to quickly fill in. Your painting will form in a very abstract way. Then switch to smaller and smaller brush sizes and paint over areas that you want more details revealed like faces, people, objects. You see the "magic" happen in front of your eyes as an abstract painting forms into a masterpiece in just a few minutes.
Save your painting to your photo gallery, email it to your friends, or sync your it with your computer to print.
Artist's Touch saves images at a resolution high enough for 8x10 prints. You can also create printed greeting cards by using our online service at www.artamata.com
Have questions? Contact our customer service team for quick and friendly assistance.
What's New in Version 2.0
• Completely redesigned interface
• Support for landscape orientation
• Tint photo colors, create color and b&w effects
• Splatter paint mode allows you to quickly paint an area
• Speed improvements and bug fixes
Updating my review
To say i just got an iPad and the iPad version of this app is NOT free with the purchase of the iPhone version. So far its the first app I've come across that charges again for the iPad version which I find kind of annoying. For $4.99 I won't purchase the iPad version. Too bad because I was excited to try it on a larger screen.
I was never all that pleased with the results I achieved with this app on my iPhone.
(old review below)
Just bought this app today. It's interesting so far. I like that it actually involves using brushes, pens etc to apply color rather then simply turning your photo into a painting automatically. The painted image looks more like a real painting.
But, and maybe I just haven't figured it out yet, there isn't all that much control over color or exactly how the brushes apply paint. I wish I could choose to paint with a specific color from my photo (eyedropper tool!) and not from the list of presets which is not that long.
I got the app for $1.99. Would have been disappointed had I paid any more.
It's good if you can follow directions...
The app isn't necessarily user friendly right off the bat. It takes a few mins of your time to patiently go through the tutorial. After that the app is fairly easy to understand.
The APP is FREE for the iPad IF you load the app correctly ON your iPad. One would want to choose iPhone Apps found after clicking the Purchased icon on the bottom of the iPad screen .... It's free to sync across ALL apple devices. However like the impatient NINNY that commented the app isn't FREE on the iPad from the iPhone -- hahaha!! You're a sucker and paid for it again !! Hahaha ! Read & Follow instructions before taking action. mmmK Kids impulsivity is bad. mmmK
So much fun
This is great App that makes anyone an artists - my artistic skills are close to non-existent yet I produced a painting that I am proud of that I emailed easily to my friends. It is so much fun and easy to create a painting that It was hard to put my phone down. The paintings are based on photos - that gives you a head start and a good base to start from - the results are a creative, unique addition to any photo album. Highly recommended.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jun 21, 2011
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 9.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: Artamata, Inc.
- © 2008-2011, Artamata, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.