By MacPhun LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Greatest artworks in high quality to puzzle on your iPad. Selection of 80 amazing paintings from Van Gogh, Da Vinci, Monet, Renoir, Rubens, Vermeer, Gauguin and others outstanding authors.
The app has a lovely interface that will bring you the experience of visiting a real art museum walking through 4 different art galleries.
By completing each puzzle you will be able to admire another wonderful art masterpiece, save it to your Photo Albums and use as wallpapers.
While you are browsing through art galleries and solving puzzles you will hear a selection of beautiful music that will make your experience even more pleasant and relaxing. (You can always turn the music off from the app if you prefer to listen to your own music or just need a bit of quietness)
If 80 paintings are not enough for you, you can also purchase additional art galleries from the app via in-app purchases:
- 'Van Gogh Gallery' - with 20 gorgeous paintings of Vincent Van Gogh
- 'Gauguin Gallery' - containing 20 fabulous masterpieces from Paul Gauguin
- 'Renoir Gallery' - a selection of 20 wonderful paintings of Pierre-Augustine Renoir.
- 'Edgar Degas Gallery' - great collection of 20 beautiful works of Edgar Degas.
- 'Leonardo & Raphael Gallery' - Wonderful selection of 20 brilliant works of Leonardo da Vinci and Raphael.
Very educational and entertaining, it will surely become one of your favorite iPad apps.
What's New in Version 2.0
- iOS 5 compatibility problems fixed
- Speed improvements
- Fixed some minor bugs
Nice game that needs minor changes
Overall, this is a fun game with a nice variety of art work. I'd recommend it despite some annoying features.
1. Anyone who has played this game often has probably touched the shuffle button by mistake. Move it and provide a warning if a game is in progress.
2. A hint feature that shows misplaced tiles would really help at times.
3. I can't think of a reason why I can't pick the puzzle to play instead of being forced in an order. If I get stuck on a puzzle, let me go to the next one.
I have encountered no problems and I love that it gives me the opportunity to focus very closely on the details of a well-chosen range of artworks. I do not tire of solving puzzles again that I have solved before, when I need a serenity break. The different scramble levels also allow it to be engaging for children as an introduction to puzzle-solving as well as art (assuming the parent isn't squeamish about the subject matter of these well-known works).
Wonderful even in 2017
But I hope it survives coming system upgrades. I learned a lot about classical art from solving these puzzles. A great way to calm the mind when waking in the middle of the night. I have purchased all the galleries and recommended to many friends. Clearly, I found it worth much more than I paid.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 11, 2011
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 114 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: macphun.com, LLC
- © 2010 MacPhun LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Vincent Van Gogh art gallery$1.99
- 'Da Vinci and Raphael' Art Gallery$1.99
- Paul Gauguin Art Gallery$1.99
- 'Pierre-Auguste Renoir' Art Gallery$1.99
- 'Edgar Degas' Art Gallery$1.99