Google Arts & Culture
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Keep exploring with Google Arts & Culture. Meet the people, visit the places and learn about the events that shaped our world. Discover collections curated by experts from the most famous museums. Be moved by stories depicted in thousands of photos, videos, manuscripts and artworks on every type of screen and in virtual reality. Find your favorite artworks, create your own collections and share them with friends.
Google Arts & Culture has collaborated with over 1,200 international museums, galleries and institutions from 70 countries to make their exhibits available for everyone online.
- Zoom Views - Experience every detail of the world’s greatest treasures
- Virtual Reality - Grab your Google Cardboard viewer and immerse yourself in arts and culture
- Browse by time and color - Explore artworks by filtering them by color or time period
- Virtual tours - Step inside the most famous museums in the world and visit iconic landmarks
- Personal collection - Save your favorite artworks and share your collections with friends
- Nearby - Find museums and cultural events around you
- Exhibits - Take guided tours curated by experts
- Daily digest - Learn something new every time you open the app
What's New in Version 4.3.9
- Localization improvements
- Bug fixes
I really like being able to delve into art I likely would not otherwise see. The feature to zoom into art and see the fine details is especially interesting and allows for close up appreciation of the work. Very nice app and content!
A couple of refinements would make the app experience better:
1. After zooming in and moving around an art piece, the top bar with the back arrow pops down. This is a very distracting amount of motion because it happens each time an adjustment is made. It would be nice to be able to hide this.
2. The back arrow seems to only go back to home, not to where I was previously. This makes navigation a little tedious. Another form of navigation will be helpful.
Fantastic content.. a few small bugs
This app has a deep well of interesting content which is constantly refreshed. I would give this 5 stars if a bug is resolved.
When zooming and looking at images in detail, it is impossible to go "back" to the previous page or article. I am forced to go back to the home screen and begin navigating again.
No landscape on iPad
No landscape mode on iPad, basically makes this beautiful app Useless.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Mar 15, 2017
- Version: 4.3.9
- Size: 49.0 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Cambodian, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.