ArtScroll Digital Library
By ArtScroll Mesorah Publications
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
THE ARTSCROLL DIGITAL LIBRARY / WASSERMAN DIGITAL INITIATIVE featuring the:
- Schottenstein English Talmud
- Schottenstein Hebrew Talmud
- The ArtScroll Siddur
- Kitzur Shulchan Aruch
- Mesillas Yesharim
- and dozens of Ebooks
A revolutionary new way to study!
New features like Page-syncing, Place-tracking, Page-Fusion, Floating-translation, Quick-scroll, resizable text, automatic-delivery, subscriptions – will transform your learning experience!
Features have been added for all levels of Talmud students from beginner to expert.
* Learn anywhere! Even without being connected to the internet for daily use
* Automatically get the first 7 Blatt/Daf of The current Daf Yomi Tractate when you install this FREE app.
MULTIPLE VIEW OPTIONS
* Study in the same familiar format as the printed edition
* Full Screen Translation or Vilna Page Layout
* Split Screen Translation and Vilna View
* New English-Only Translation View
* New Hebrew-Only Schottenstein View
* Reflowable Vilna Page with Rashi and Tosafos in block letters
* Dynamic Grey Bar shows you the section being translated
* Innovative Place Tracking – shows you the exact place on the facing page – so you will never lose your place, and you will immediately know where you are up to
* The new Hybrid page will allow you to study directly on the classic Vilna page – with popups that can be configured to show you the translation, notes, and commentaries without leaving the Vilna page!
* Resize the text to 250% and Zoom in on the Vilna page
* BUY A COMPLETE VOLUME
* BUY A SINGLE DAF
* BUY THE 73 VOLUME SET
* DAF YOMI SUBSCRIPTION – sign up to get automatic access to a month's worth of Daf Yomi content and have those pages automatically added permanently to your library!
- Subscription automatically renews every month. No need to go back to the store!
- The Daf Yomi content is downloaded automatically when you launch the app and are connected to a network - Only $9.99 a month - this not a rental - this is a now purchase.
ENHANCEMENTS TO THE CLASSIC VILNA PAGE
* Click on any phrase and the corresponding Rashi, Tosafos, Mosaf Rashi, Ein Mishpat, Masores Hashas and more will instantly highlight
* Click on a Rashi and other commentaries/annotations and it will highlight the corresponding place within the Vilna text
* Popovers can be configured to show you all the Rashi, Tosafos, and Mosaf Rashi, Ein Mishpat, Mesores Hashas, etc. that are related to that phrase
* Color Coding and statment breakdown of the Vilna Page create a visual map of the logical flow of the page.
* Looks just like the printed book including the binding - so you can see if you are on side “a” or “b.” or turn the page-edge “binding” off if you wish
* Statement types – now you can show if each section is a Statement, Question, Answer, Inquiry or Proof.
* For the best experience we recommend an iPad 2 or the New iPad due to the intense processing requirements for the interactive Vilna page
* The entire Talmud when complete will fit in under 3 Gb so any device will work
* An Apple ID is required to get additional content
* Downloads and Automatic updates require an active wi-fi or cellular data connection
DAF YOMI SUBSCRIPTION NOTES
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same $9.99 price
- Subscriptions may be managed by you, and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Terms of Service:
What's New in Version 4.0.1
The standard in Talmud and Siddur English translation, however the app needs work.
I use this app on a daily basis for the Siddur and Talmud. The Talmud is expensive but essential. Much credit to ArtScroll for publishing their electronic version of the Talmud, I just hope they continue to develop this application to make it perform much better!.... And publish more of their books!! Also note this app does not allow you to copy and paste text, say for example you wanted to paste an excerpt into a word processor or email. Also the app is extremely slow and unstable in performance on an iPhone 6 so beware of running on anything less…
Crashes while you watch your money go down the drain
Multivolume load didn't work on my iPad. Had to download each of the 73 Talmud volumes one at a time which took hours. Now it crashes all the time. Give it a pass until they get the bugs out. Otherwise it's really pretty good but a waste of money right now.
Packed with features, but cumbersome
Artscroll puts out a great product in book form. I own many siddurim, chumashim, and in print he maras, and I am more than happy with these. I write this review as a fan of Artscroll.
This app feels like an "everything but the kitchen sink approach. Each Sefer has too many options with a complex interface, making using it a chore. The interface should hide in the background, but it feels like an ever-present irritation. This is most noticeable in the new siddur.
With the siddur, there are several delays. First you have to open the Artscroll app, then you have to go to the library to open up the siddur. Then there is an unnecessary lag when changing between sections of davening. You have to wait for Phuket decimal to load after finishing karbonnos. These issues don't occur with the rusty brick siddur which feels more streamlined. If only rusty brick could use the same font and layout as Artscroll. The print is still beautiful. I would love to see the Artscroll siddur as a separate app altogether from the Talmud app. Iwould also like to see the full Artscroll siddur I the app. It is advertised as a full siddur but only contains the weekday davening. There is value in having the Shannon's prayers available as a reference. It would be nice to practice chazzanus from my iPad on the weekdays. There has got to be a ay to shut the app down on Shabbos and Yom Tov, anyway.
In any case, I am still a subscriber to the Artscroll Talmud app, because I know these problems will be fixed with time. The Artscroll Talmud itself is still a wonderful product.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Apr 25, 2016
- Version: 4.0.1
- Size: 50.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, Hebrew
- Seller: Mesorah Publications
- © Mesorah Publications, Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Schottenstein Talmud Digital English Monthly Daf Yomi Subscription$9.99
- Talmud English #01 Berachos 1 Digital Ed.$13.99
- RustyBrick Siddur to ArtScroll Smart Siddur Upgrade$1.99
- ArtScroll Smart Siddur Wasserman Edition$9.99
- Talmud English #02 Berachos 2 Digital Ed.$13.99
- Talmud English #03 Shabbos 1 Digital Ed.$13.99
- Talmud English #20 Megillah Digital Ed.$13.99
- Talmud English #15 Succah 1 Digital Ed.$13.99
- Talmud English #19 Taanis Digital Ed.$13.99
- Talmud English #04 Shabbos 2 Digital Ed.$13.99