*** This is the LEGACY version. ARTSTUDIO PRO, the successor to this app, is available now with many new features and improvements. Find it by searching for “Artstudio Pro” on the Mac/iOS App Store.
ArtStudio is the most comprehensive, sketching, painting and photo editing tool in the App Store. Completely re-designed from the ground up the new ArtStudio features a beautiful new user interface and a powerful new graphics engine to make creating works of art faster, easier, and more fun! Using advanced drawing algorithms this is the fastest and most precise version of ArtStudio to date.
See the video:
"It doesn’t matter whether you’re a skilled artist or a newbie; ArtStudio is for you."
"This is what PhotoShop Mobile wishes it had been."
If you like this free version, please consider buying the full version with bigger canvas size, save/load layered project in internal gallery, export in PNG or PSD format, more import/export options, custom brushes, more layers.
- iPhone 5 fully supported
- canvas size: 320x480, 320x568 (iPhone 5)
- 16 tools: select, pencil, wet paintbrush, dry paintbrush, spray, dots, eraser, smudge, bucket fill, gradient, text, clone, heal, blur/sharpen, dodge/burn, eyedropper
- 150 HIGH QUALITY BRUSHES
- select tool: rect/ellipse/lasso/magic wand/by color, add/sub/intersect, contract/expand/round corners/border/...
- text tool: over 150 system fonts, special text layer to easy edit text
- favorites list to quickly access user's favorite brush settings
- fully customizable stroke settings: blur, flip, size, opacity, spacing, fadeout, squeeze, angle, speed-size, speed-opacity, random flip, scatter, jitter-spacing, jitter-angle, jitter-size, jitter-squeeze, jitter-opacity, jitter-hue, jitter-saturation, jitter-lightness
- support for bluetooth styluses
- symmetric drawing
- guidelines, grid
- shapes: lines, rectangles, ellipses, polygons (open, closed)
- layer options: add, duplicate, merge down/visible, delete, lock alpha, show/hide, link, name, reorder, opacity, blending modes
- layer masks
- layer/selection transformations: move/scale/rotate with multi-touch, flip, rotate left/right, fill/erase
- distort (skew, perspective etc)
- 21 layer blending modes: normal, multiply, add, difference, screen, overlay, hue, saturation, color, value, ...
- import from 'Camera Roll'
- export to 'Camera Roll'
- multi-touch navigation with unlimited zoom
- undo/redo with almost infinite number of steps
- image resize (none, bilinear, bicubic, lanczos interpolations) , change canvas size, crop
- 40 filters: gaussian/motion/radial blur, sharpen, unsharp mask, add noise, render clouds, edge detect, border/vignette and more
- ELASTIFY filter used to make incredible distortions
- adjustments: brightness/contrast/exposure, hue/saturation/lightness, color balance, temperature, shadows/highlights, CURVES, auto contrast/colors/white balance and more
- video tutorials
## IPAD VERSION AVAILABLE IN APP STORE ##
- fixed brush preview on iOS 12
Ratings and Reviews
This is, by far, the best art app on the App Store. I've been looking for a good digital art program for ages, and this one is my favourite. It gives you a good amount of tools, layers, colours, and other useful features, and the finished product looks amazing. I also like how this version doesn't press you over and over to get the full version. It's just like, "Hey, if you want more canvases and layers and stuff, just buy the full version! :>" It doesn't constantly remind you and take away vital tools. My only suggestion is maybe make the canvas less pixelated and blurred? It's hard to draw small things on such a pixelated canvas, and when you export them they look all blurry, like you pulled them off of Google images or something. But other than that, excellent game! I will be buying the full version once I have the money.
BEST APP EVER!!!
I love this app it has everything I need I rate it 5 stars you can do anything with this app and all the drawings I make are AWSOME only cuz I can do layers and sketch’s and you can name your layers that way you don’t have to look at what you did you can just look at the name and the opacity is cool too like when you want this color but it needs to be light and kinda see through you can change the opacity AMAZING🤩 also also you can change the size of the blend and brush super cool that way you can write and draw the smaller or bigger stuff I love that you can customize the color and hold down on it to get that color back (unless you blend that color with another then it’s gone) but other then those few things I LOVE THE APP!!!! I just wish I could show all my drawings to everyone...
I love it!
I've been using this for digital art for a while now, and it's amazing. I like doing anime because I have no life and this works well with that! You can zoom in really far, there aren't brushes that you have to pay for (not that I really use that many brushes...) and they have filters! :0 Though in the free version you only get three layers, you can still work with that! Sketch, outline, throw away the sketch and background, then colour! You don't really need seventy million layers at once, just merge them! It's pretty much a mini Painttool Sai, which is helpful, since my jerk brother broke my laptop. Though you will have to play around with it to find a few features. But awesome overall.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.