ArtStudio - Paint and Draw
By Lucky Clan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ArtStudio is the most comprehensive, sketching, painting and photo editing tool in the App Store. Completely re-designed from the ground up the new ArtStudio features a beautiful new user interface and a powerful new graphics engine to make creating works of art faster, easier, and more fun! Using advanced drawing algorithms this is the fastest and most precise version of ArtStudio to date.
See the video:
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/lucky_clan
"It doesn’t matter whether you’re a skilled artist or a newbie; ArtStudio is for you."
"This is what PhotoShop Mobile wishes it had been."
- iPhone 5 fully supported
- flexible canvas size, max: 3264x2448(iPhone 5), 2592×1936 (iPhone 4s, iPhone 4), 2048×1536 (iPhone 3gs)
- 16 tools: select, pencil, wet paintbrush, dry paintbrush, spray, dots, eraser, smudge, bucket fill, gradient, text, clone, heal, blur/sharpen, dodge/burn, eyedropper
- 450 HIGH QUALITY BRUSHES (150 free, 300 paid) divided into 30 groups
- custom brushes, max size: 500x500px
- select tool: rect/ellipse/lasso/magic wand/by color, add/sub/intersect, contract/expand/round corners/border/...
- text tool: over 150 system fonts, support of external TTF fonts (just upload .ttf file in iTunes using File Sharing), special text layer to easy edit text
- favorites list to quickly access user's favorite brush settings
- fully customizable stroke settings: blur, flip, size, opacity, spacing, fadeout, squeeze, angle, speed-size, speed-opacity, random flip, scatter, jitter-spacing, jitter-angle, jitter-size, jitter-squeeze, jitter-opacity, jitter-hue, jitter-saturation, jitter-lightness
- support for bluetooth styluses
- symmetric drawing
- guidelines, grid
- shapes: lines, rectangles, ellipses, polygons (open, closed)
- layer options: add, duplicate, merge down/visible, delete, lock alpha, show/hide, link, name, reorder, opacity, blending modes
- layer masks
- layer/selection transformations: move/scale/rotate with multi-touch, flip, rotate left/right, fill/erase
- distort (skew, perspective etc)
- 21 layer blending modes: normal, multiply, add, difference, screen, overlay, hue, saturation, color, value, ...
- import from 'Camera Roll', camera, iTunes, clipboard
- export as JPG/PNG/PSD to 'Camera Roll', email, clipboard, iTunes
- multi-touch navigation with unlimited zoom
- undo/redo with almost infinite number of steps
- image resize (none, bilinear, bicubic, lanczos interpolations) , change canvas size, crop
- 40 filters: gaussian/motion/radial blur, sharpen, unsharp mask, add noise, render clouds, edge detect, border/vignette and more
- Elastify filter used to make incredible distortions
- adjustments: brightness/contrast/exposure, hue/saturation/lightness, color balance, temperature, shadows/highlights, CURVES, auto contrast/colors/white balance and more
- video tutorials
## IPAD VERSION AVAILABLE IN APP STORE ##
What's New in Version 5.70
- iOS 4, iOS5, iOS6 compatibility is back
Crashes and work disappears
When I first got the app it was great it didn't crash at all. Then just a couple weeks ago it starting crashing more often, it was crashing little when I got it. The crashes caused things that I worked on for a couple of days to just vanish and some of the color scheme would stay but it had a transparent "fog" over it. This has happened more than once, it's happened maybe 5-7 times before. The art I was working on I had been working on for a few days or hours, not including brakes. The free version doesn't have this problem. (The only thing different is that you can store your art on one and not the other) Maybe the problem is that I've made to much art on one app, people may never know. ( This would have been rated a 3.5 but there isn't a way of having a half of a star on here.)
If I can begin by saying I never leave reviews and I should, so let's begin now with this: I have been using this app for several years now throughout the evolution of the iPhone and this application. Over the course of the years the app has been significantly improved and updated accordingly to best fit the users experience and the iPhone's abilities. Personally, I have been very please with the apps performance and the consistency with the updates and the apps overall feedback. I have to commend the developer because remaining loyal to one app is difficulty as we all know. Keep up the great work and thank you for such an excellent app! -Stefano (@goliaa_)
Best drawing app by far!
Ever since I bought this app I've been satisfied with the results. It runs very smoothly and is easy to use! I have to say, I would recommend this app for digital artist who use phones and tablets. It surpasses all the others I've tried by a large scale!
I only have one complain... Each time I try and use the select tool to shade or fill in a color, the app with either crash and delete my work or glitch and undo everything. I'm unsure why this happens, but please fix it soon. Overall a wonderful app!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 28, 2014
- Version: 5.70
- Size: 22.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sylwester Los
- © Lucky Clan 2010
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Brush Pack$2.99