ArtStudio - Draw and Paint
By Lucky Clan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ArtStudio is the most comprehensive, sketching, painting and photo editing tool in the App Store. Completely re-designed from the ground up the new ArtStudio features a beautiful new user interface and a powerful new graphics engine to make creating works of art faster, easier, and more fun! Using advanced drawing algorithms this is the fastest and most precise version of ArtStudio to date.
See the video:
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/lucky_clan
Follow us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LuckyClanApps
"It doesn’t matter whether you’re a skilled artist or a newbie; ArtStudio is for you."
"This is what PhotoShop Mobile wishes it had been."
- flexible canvas size, max: 3024x4032(iPhone 6s), 3264x2448(iPhone 5/5s/6), 2592×1936 (iPhone 4s, iPhone 4), 2048×1536 (iPhone 3gs)
- 16 tools: select, pencil, wet paintbrush, dry paintbrush, spray, dots, eraser, smudge, bucket fill, gradient, text, clone, heal, blur/sharpen, dodge/burn, eyedropper
- 450 HIGH QUALITY BRUSHES (150 free, 300 paid) divided into 30 groups
- custom brushes, max size: 500x500px
- select tool: rect/ellipse/lasso/magic wand/by color, add/sub/intersect, contract/expand/round corners/border/...
- text tool: over 150 system fonts, support of external TTF fonts (just upload .ttf file in iTunes using File Sharing), special text layer to easy edit text
- favorites list to quickly access user's favorite brush settings
- fully customizable stroke settings: blur, flip, size, opacity, spacing, fadeout, squeeze, angle, speed-size, speed-opacity, random flip, scatter, jitter-spacing, jitter-angle, jitter-size, jitter-squeeze, jitter-opacity, jitter-hue, jitter-saturation, jitter-lightness
- symmetric drawing
- guidelines, grid
- shapes: lines, rectangles, ellipses, polygons (open, closed)
- layer options: add, duplicate, merge down/visible, delete, lock alpha, show/hide, link, name, reorder, opacity, blending modes
- layer masks
- layer/selection transformations: move/scale/rotate with multi-touch, flip, rotate left/right, fill/erase
- distort (skew, perspective etc)
- 21 layer blending modes: normal, multiply, add, difference, screen, overlay, hue, saturation, color, value, ...
- import from 'Camera Roll', camera, iTunes, clipboard
- export as JPG/PNG/PSD to 'Camera Roll', email, clipboard, iTunes
- multi-touch navigation with unlimited zoom
- undo/redo with almost infinite number of steps
- image resize (none, bilinear, bicubic, lanczos interpolations) , change canvas size, crop
- 40 filters: gaussian/motion/radial blur, sharpen, unsharp mask, add noise, render clouds, edge detect, border/vignette and more
- Elastify filter used to make incredible distortions
- adjustments: brightness/contrast/exposure, hue/saturation/lightness, color balance, temperature, shadows/highlights, CURVES, auto contrast/colors/white balance and more
- video tutorials
## IPAD VERSION AVAILABLE IN APP STORE ##
What's New in Version 5.94
- added 12mpix resolution for iPhone 6s/6s+
- improved iOS 9 compatibility
- few other bug fixes
* We are working on new ArtStudio for iOS and OSX. Please follow us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LuckyClanApps or twitter: https://twitter.com/lucky_clan to keep up with new ArtStudio progress.
Wow. Almost 5 years with this app
My last review was from 3 years ago but I've been using this app for 4 and a half years. Since I had a lack the usage of a computer I never had photoshop or adobe illustrator..I do now and I didn't start from scratch on there because of my 4 year skill of this amazing app. I've used this app for many things starting from drawing to photo editing. I greatly recommend this app to anyone from rookie to skilled, because even ME, started from rookie to skilled, and I have this app to thank.. Thanks guys for making this amazing app and for reading my review :)
Fantastic Drawing App
I've had this app for a long time now and I've been doing all of my drawings on it. It has almost everything I need to draw and I highly recommend it! This is THE best drawing app in my opinion. The others just don't do it and have virtually no options. It has only crashed on me a few times and not very often. When I make animations I do have to use another app and import my drawings to it. Some applications on PC have an "Export as GIF" that I think would come in handy for me that uses layers as frames. But this is truly a great app! 5/5 stars!
Very smooth & full-featured
UPDATE: over five years later, still my go-to. Shockingly powerful, stable, and full-featured.
Original review from the days of iPhone 4 (!) follows:
This has become my go-to art app for all sorts of purposes. Very intuitive interface; took almost no time to figure it out and become accustomed to it. Allows access to all the fonts of iOS and all the colors you could imagine. Dozens of fun features with different combinations of filters and tools. Overall, ArtStudio is shockingly powerful for a tool that fits in your pocket, especially on iPhone 4. I've used, even paid for, desktop apps that didn't work half as well.
Only two things I don't completely love: the 1024x1024 max canvas size, which seems a touch small at times, and the inability to switch into landscape mode properly (you can fake it by just using the thing sideways, but the controls don't rotate).
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 21, 2015
- Version: 5.94
- Size: 26.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sylwester Los
- © Lucky Clan 2010
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Brush Pack$2.99