*** This is the LEGACY version. ARTSTUDIO PRO, the successor to this app, is available now with many new features and improvements. Find it by searching for “Artstudio Pro” on the Mac/iOS App Store.
ArtStudio is the most comprehensive, sketching, painting and photo editing tool in the App Store. Completely re-designed from the ground up the new ArtStudio features a beautiful new user interface and a powerful new graphics engine to make creating works of art faster, easier, and more fun! Using advanced drawing algorithms this is the fastest and most precise version of ArtStudio to date.
See the video:
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/lucky_clan
Follow us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LuckyClanApps
"It doesn’t matter whether you’re a skilled artist or a newbie; ArtStudio is for you."
"This is what PhotoShop Mobile wishes it had been."
- flexible canvas size, max: 3024x4032(iPhone 6s), 3264x2448(iPhone 5/5s/6), 2592×1936 (iPhone 4s, iPhone 4), 2048×1536 (iPhone 3gs)
- 16 tools: select, pencil, wet paintbrush, dry paintbrush, spray, dots, eraser, smudge, bucket fill, gradient, text, clone, heal, blur/sharpen, dodge/burn, eyedropper
- 450 HIGH QUALITY BRUSHES (150 free, 300 paid) divided into 30 groups
- custom brushes, max size: 500x500px
- select tool: rect/ellipse/lasso/magic wand/by color, add/sub/intersect, contract/expand/round corners/border/...
- text tool: over 150 system fonts, support of external TTF fonts (just upload .ttf file in iTunes using File Sharing), special text layer to easy edit text
- favorites list to quickly access user's favorite brush settings
- fully customizable stroke settings: blur, flip, size, opacity, spacing, fadeout, squeeze, angle, speed-size, speed-opacity, random flip, scatter, jitter-spacing, jitter-angle, jitter-size, jitter-squeeze, jitter-opacity, jitter-hue, jitter-saturation, jitter-lightness
- symmetric drawing
- guidelines, grid
- shapes: lines, rectangles, ellipses, polygons (open, closed)
- layer options: add, duplicate, merge down/visible, delete, lock alpha, show/hide, link, name, reorder, opacity, blending modes
- layer masks
- layer/selection transformations: move/scale/rotate with multi-touch, flip, rotate left/right, fill/erase
- distort (skew, perspective etc)
- 21 layer blending modes: normal, multiply, add, difference, screen, overlay, hue, saturation, color, value, ...
- import from 'Camera Roll', camera, iTunes, clipboard
- export as JPG/PNG/PSD to 'Camera Roll', email, clipboard, iTunes
- multi-touch navigation with unlimited zoom
- undo/redo with almost infinite number of steps
- image resize (none, bilinear, bicubic, lanczos interpolations) , change canvas size, crop
- 40 filters: gaussian/motion/radial blur, sharpen, unsharp mask, add noise, render clouds, edge detect, border/vignette and more
- Elastify filter used to make incredible distortions
- adjustments: brightness/contrast/exposure, hue/saturation/lightness, color balance, temperature, shadows/highlights, CURVES, auto contrast/colors/white balance and more
- video tutorials
## IPAD VERSION AVAILABLE IN APP STORE ##
This is the LEGACY version. ARTSTUDIO PRO, the successor to this app, is available for iOS and macOS with many new features and improvements.
Tap 'Artstudio Pro' item in side menu or search for "Artstudio Pro" on the App Store to find it.
- added button to easily find Artstudio Pro on the App Store
Ratings and Reviews
Tool That Copies Color
I wrote this for another reviewer, but I do not see his/her review anymore. I believe the Tool That Copies the Exact Color is the EYEDROPPER, of which there is one inside the app. You can find it by scrolling all the way down the left toolbar which also contains the pencil, the brush, the bucket, and several other tools. Then long-press on a color and the eyedropper picks up that color. You will see the picked-up color on the other toolbar - the toolbar with the colors. The picked-up color will show on the top square. Also there is a User's Manual which you can download from the website right on your iPad or phone. Just tap on "ArtStudio" on the top toolbar at your left. Then look 4 spaces down and you will see the User's Manual. Tap on that and it will take you to the website. From there you can "open in iBooks" if you like and save the User's Manual in iBooks for future reference. I hope that helped. - I wrote a review back on December 19, 2015 and here it is: I have had and used this app for several years. It's my app for creating just about anything I choose. I have used it to create cartoon characters, backgrounds, text, photo editing; with filters and distortion, and more. It's indispensable! I only wish I can go out and buy an iPad Pro or something greater than my old iPad. Ooooh, I would also love an Apple Pencil. Are you listening Santa?
Worth every penny
This app is by far the best app I could possibly recommend to any artist. I started with the light version at first because the price was a bit hard to swallow, but seeing as how the quality was less I had to see if the full was worth it, and it 100% totally is. I personally enjoy it for photography purposes as well as digital art. It's like a mini photoshop you can have on your phone for half the price. I import my photography, and with the array of tools they offer I can completely take out parts of the photo that were distracting, like a awkward cloud in the sky or telephone pole. You name it. For digital art, the app offers so many techniques and tools you can use to Make whatever you want and really I just can't express enough my appreciation and love for the app. If I had one request, it would be to make a laptop version that's equally affordable and easy to use. I often conquer big projects using this app and when enlarged on the computer the quality sometimes decreases. Having this program in my Mac I feel could eliminate that. But over all a terrific app!
Great app, but buggy.
I've been using this app for so many years, I can't count them. It's always been such a great tool to use, and I love it so much. I would give it 5 stars, but unfortunately it's been quite buggy lately. Often, even after saving my canvas, it will destroy it and not let me undo it. Like, I'll open a different app for a moment, and when I go back to this app, the entire thing is basically murdered. It is extremely distorted, basically appearing as a bunch of straight lines dripping down the canvas in the colours I was using. I can't hit undo, when I try to reload the project it's still the same, and there's nothing I can do to return to my actual drawing. This has happened multiple times over the past 2 years, and it's quite frustrating considering the amount of effort I put into my art. I simply do not have the time to put up with this. I can't afford to spent hours on a portrait, only for all my work to be literally wiped down the screen. The app is absolutely wonderful, but this bug has made insanely furious.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.