*** This is the LEGACY version. ARTSTUDIO PRO, the successor to this app, is available now with many new features and improvements. Find it by searching for “Artstudio Pro” on the Mac/iOS App Store.
ArtStudio is the most comprehensive, sketching, painting and photo editing tool in the App Store. Completely re-designed from the ground up the new ArtStudio features a beautiful new user interface and a powerful new graphics engine to make creating works of art faster, easier, and more fun! Using advanced drawing algorithms this is the fastest and most precise version of ArtStudio to date.
See the videos:
Photo features: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SfPXLbKMz8
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/lucky_clan
Follow us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LuckyClanApps
"This is what PhotoShop Mobile wishes it had been."
- flexible canvas size, max: 2048x1536(iPad 1), 2592x1936 (iPad 2), 2448x3264 (iPad 3rd or newer), 3024x4032 (iPad Air2, iPad Mini 4, iPad Pro)
- support for any device orientation
- 16 tools: select, pencil, wet paintbrush, dry paintbrush, spray, dots, eraser, smudge, bucket fill, gradient, text, clone, heal, blur/sharpen, dodge/burn, eyedropper
- 450 HIGH QUALITY BRUSHES (150 free, 300 paid) divided into 30 groups
- custom brushes, max size: 500x500px
- select tool: rect/ellipse/lasso/magic wand/by color, add/sub/intersect, contract/expand/round corners/border/...
- text tool: over 150 system fonts, support of external TTF fonts (just upload .ttf file in iTunes using File Sharing), special text layer to easy edit text
- palm rejection
- favorites list to quickly access user's favorite brush settings
- fully customizable stroke settings: blur, flip, size, opacity, spacing, fadeout, squeeze, angle, speed-size, speed-opacity, random flip, scatter, jitter-spacing, jitter-angle, jitter-size, jitter-squeeze, jitter-opacity, jitter-hue, jitter-saturation, jitter-lightness
- symmetric drawing
- guidelines, grid
- shapes: lines, rectangles, ellipses, polygons (open, closed)
- layer options: add, duplicate, merge down/visible, delete, lock alpha, show/hide, link, name, reorder, opacity, blending modes
- layer masks
- layer/selection transformations: move/scale/rotate with multi-touch, flip, rotate left/right, fill/erase
- distort (skew, perspective etc)
- 21 layer blending modes: normal, multiply, add, difference, screen, overlay, hue, saturation, color, value, ...
- import from 'Camera Roll', camera, iTunes, clipboard
- export as JPG/PNG/PSD to 'Camera Roll', email, clipboard, iTunes
- multi-touch navigation with unlimited zoom
- undo/redo with almost infinite number of steps
- image resize (none, bilinear, bicubic, lanczos interpolations) , change canvas size, crop
- 40 filters: gaussian/motion/radial blur, sharpen, unsharp mask, add noise, render clouds, edge detect, border/vignette and more
- Elastify filter used to make incredible distortions
- adjustments: brightness/contrast/exposure, hue/saturation/lightness, color balance, temperature, shadows/highlights, CURVES, auto contrast/colors/white balance and more
- video tutorials
## IPHONE/IPOD VERSION AVAILABLE IN APP STORE ##
- fixed brush preview on iOS 12
Ratings and Reviews
Essential to the serious artist. You need it.
I should have posted before now. If I had posted earlier, I might have taken a half star off for the need to use a modal transform for layers, but it isn't that hard to adapt, frankly? And I would be adding on the half star anyway, now, because ArtStudio has been on 3 iPads of mine and was essential on each. We have a lot of choices, which I personally like, when it comes to art apps on iPad, but over and over ArtStudio has been the go to app which I use like I use Photoshop on my desktop computer. Photoshop is a must have, and similarly, ArtStudio does the same jobs on my iPad. And it does it in a very familiar and understandable way, if you normally use PS. So even if I get romanced by other apps on my iPad Pro, the images will probably be partially done in ArtStudio, as most images will touch Photoshop at some point when I am working on my Mac. I could list things that I think are great and there are many. But I think it is probably more meaningful to say that I don't think there is anything "wrong" with ArtStudio. Sure, more features, easier to do, I am on board. But ArtStudio is what I go to when I run into a problem doing whatever I want to do elsewhere. And that has been true over 3 well-used iPads. That is a compliment that I don't pass out much. It was the "first installed" art app on iPad #2 and #3. I probably will do so on number 4, if and when that happens. LuckyClan willing. Nice job folks.
I feel slightly cheated (please read, Luckyclan)
I have used this app for all my digital work. I loved the feature where you could share your work to an online gallery. I am an aspiring artist and using this app has been so far a great experience. I bought this for five dollars. Around the summer, the app started crashing. And I don't JUST mean occasionally. It has become more and more frequent, and I'm not the only one with this problem. Whenever I go to save my work, the Autosave takes 3 minutes (should be instantaneous or a few seconds) and if I log out of the app to reload, it will crash and DESTROY my art! The line art will turn into smudged bars or disappear altogether, and the colors will smudge terribly. It happens whenever I have more than 2 layers. And instead of fixing these bugs, Luckyclan INSTEAD creates a new version, this time SEVEN DOLLARS! No way am I paying 7 dollars for another art program when the one I have now should work fine. Fix this, please. I've lost hours and hours of hard work, and I've been devastated about it. I just lost a piece I was working on for someone that had requested it, and I took a screenshot of the gallery and cropped it. It is extremely blurry now. NO ARTIST should have to fear the destruction of their work, especially on such a promising app. Other than the not so recent crashes, I love this app. It has plenty of customizable tools and options. Just fix the crashing. Thanks.
I'll admit, I was extremely hesitant to buy this app due to its price, however, I really needed a mobile art software. So, I decided to test my luck and purchase it. That was back in the summer of 2016. I still have that app to this day.
ArtStudio is, by far, the best art app on the App Store. I've seen people saying that Auto Desk and their apps are better, but nothing's ever clicked with me more than ArtStudio. I've given up Toon Boom, Photoshop, and FireAlpaca for this app. I absolutely adore it!
However, I own a Windows computer, so there's no way to get this beautiful creation onto my desktop. Perhaps if you guys gave a download link for those people who are not fortunate enough to have a Mac, that would be really good for me.
I love ArtStudio. Maybe you could make an animation program with the same layout and such with it. It would totally help me, because storyboarding on ArtStudio is kind of torture along with animating, but I can't leave the app behind.
Beautiful app, amazing composition.
- Sylwester Los
- 43.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Lucky Clan
- In-App Purchases
- Pack 1 $4.99
- Watercolors $0.99
- Hair $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.