Introducing Artstudio Pro, the most powerful painting and photo editing app available for both iOS and macOS. The successor to our famous ArtStudio app has been redesigned bringing many new features and improvements taking full advantage of the latest technologies Metal, iCloud Drive, Apple Pencil, and optimized for 64-bit multi-core processors to achieve the smoothest possible workflow.
Hundreds of assets are included and users have the ability to import resources in the most popular formats (ABR, TPL, PAT, GRD, ASE, ACO) giving instant access to millions of brushes, patterns, gradients, color swatches and fonts. It will boost your creativity and help you bring your ideas to life quickly and easily.
The powerful GPU accelerated ArtEngine developed by Lucky Clan is 5-10 times faster than the previous engine. It allows working with multiple documents, supports large canvas sizes and an unlimited number of layers. Incredible optimization ensures smooth work even with large canvases.
• Multiple open documents
• Canvas size: 64Mpix (iPad Air 2 or newer, iPhone 6s or newer), 48Mpix (older devices)
• Unlimited layers
• 27 tools: Move, Select, Crop, Eyedropper, Paint, Wet Paint, Eraser, Bucket/Pattern/Gradient Fill, Smudge, Dodge, Burn, Sponge, Text, Heal, Clone, and more
Flexible layer system
Artstudio Pro introduces a new layer system with grouping, non-destructive layer effects, and adjustment layers.
• Masks, clipping masks
• 13 adjustment layers: Brightness/Contrast, Levels, Curves, Exposure/Gamma, Shadows/Highlights, Vibrance, Hue/Saturation, Color Balance, Temperature/Tint, Black and White and more
• 9 layer effects: Bevel/Emboss, Stroke, Inner Shadow, Inner Glow, Outer Glow, Color/Gradient/Pattern Overlay, Drop Shadow
• 27 blending modes
• Text layers
• Transform multiple layers simultaneously
Advanced Brush engine
Perfectly optimized, lag free mechanism generating smooth, real looking strokes, making the most of Apple Pencil.
• Brush size up to 4000x4000
• 64-bit painting with pattern, double stamp, wet brush, dynamics
• Brush editor with 80 customizable settings
• Over 100 built-in brushes divided into a few groups: Painting, Sketching, Markers, Inking, Dots & Specks, and more
• Symmetric painting
Professional photo editor
Photo editing options developed in cooperation with professional photographers. Each feature was tested in several scenarios and light conditions.
• 15 adjustments available as non-destructive layer or simple adjustment (list above)
• 4 auto adjustments: Auto Contrast, Levels, Lightness, Saturation
• Dozens of filters with realtime preview and the ability to generate seamless patterns
• Inpaint, Elastify (Liquify)
• Retouching tools: Heal, Dodge, Burn, Sponge and more
• Image resize with Nearest, Linear, Cubic interpolations
• Crop using special tool, crop from selection, trim transparent areas
Full iCloud integration
• Save and load images on iCloud Drive or local disk
• View, load, share, delete, move documents in internal gallery or iOS Files app
• Sort documents into folders
We have implemented many parsers from the most popular assets/images formats and we are especially proud of our ABR/TPL parser which not only reads brush stamps and patterns, but also most settings which are converted to Artstudio Pro brush engine values.
• Images - PNG, JPEG, PSD, HEIC, TIFF, GIF, most raw formats
• Brushes - ABR, TPL
• Color swatches - ASE, ACO
• Patterns - PAT
• Gradients - GRD
• Fonts - TTF, OTF
• Images - PNG, JPEG, PSD, TIFF, PDF
• Screen recording
• Selection displayed as marching ants, quick mask or invisible
• Snapping to guidelines, dynamic guidelines, grid
• Perspective grid assist
• Mirror (flipped) view
• Support of iPad Drag and Drop, Split View, Sharing Extension, Open In, Clipboard
• Support of Wacom, Adonit and SonarPen styluses
Minimum System Requirements
Artstudio Pro for iOS requires iPhone or iPad running iOS 10 or above
- fixed lag during canvas moving when popover is visible
- fixed rare problem with 2/3 finger tap to undo/redo
- fixed rare crash when importing RAW photo
Here is the biggest update so far! Enjoy!
1. ADDED PERSPECTIVE GRID
• 1/2/3 Points modes
• choose View>Show>Show Perspective Grid to show it
• choose View>Perspective Grid Settings... to configure perspective points and line density
• Perspective Assist (View>Snap To>Perspective Grid Assis) - use it to constrain drawn strokes only to perspective lines
2. NEW ADJUSTMENTS
• added Gradient Map adjustment and new 'Duotone' gradient group - for creating artistic duotone photos
• added Selective Color adjustment - adjust color globally, in ranges of hues or in dark/neutral/bright areas
• improved Hue/Saturation adjustmet: added 'Colorize' switch and option to apply changes only in specific hue ranges
3. NEW FILTERS
• added advanced Denoise filter (Filters>Noise>Denoise)
• added Perling Noise filter (Filters>Noise>Perlin Noise...)
• added Clouds filter (Filters>Render>Clouds...) - with Difference and other blendings, Seamless mode and more
• added Wind filter (Filters>Stylize>Wind)...
• added pressure sensitivity to Elastify
• Added option to disable Interpolation in Twirl, Pinch, Circle Waves and Polar Coordinates filters
• now Filter>Apply Last Filter works also with Elastify filter
4. BLUETOOTH STYLUS SUPPORT
• added suport of Wacom, Adonit and SonarPen styluses
• showing Battery Level for Wacom and Adonit
5. INTERFACE IMPROVEMENTS
• added Mirror (flipped) view (View>Mirror or Cmd+Shift+M)
• added Left Hand mode (in preferences)
• added new slider behaviour - drag anywhere on slider to change value (disable 'Snappable Sliders' in preferences)
• added option to disable popup when zooming/panning canvas - in preferences
• Size/Opacity sliders are now much smoother
• decreased canvas zoom and rotation snapping thresholds.
• sometimes exiting full screen mode on iPad was not possible
• improved Palm Rejection
• added shortcut for Smudge/Blur/Sharpen tools ('D')
• added shortcut for Edit>Clear (Command+Delete)
6. OTHER IMPROVEMENTS
• added drawing real-looking Smoothing Rope when using brush with Smoothing value > 0
• added Constant Paint dynamics (to use with Wet Paint tool)
• added Smooth setting to Lasso tool
• added Aux Brush Color in More... popover in Paint and Pencil tools
• added Send Feedback option (Artstudio>Send Feedback)
• improved brush scattering in painting tools
• improved loading Raw photos, now app asks to load Original or Proceeed image
• Fixed glitch when clipping mask is using not-normal blending
• app works much faster with large canvases containing a lot of groups
• fixed parsing layer names containing Chinese characters in PSD
• fixed loading masks from PSD
• sometimes layers could not be moved when some other layers had 'Lock Position' enabled
• minor improvements in View>Grid Settings...
• fixed dragging guidelines with Move tool when adjustment layer is active
• Magic Wand and Bucket Fill work faster
• sometimes loading image/layer from clipboard was not possible
• many other small fixes, improvements and optimizations
Ratings and Reviews
Use thousands of brushes, patterns, gradients, color swatches and fonts.
Needs some work
To start off, let me say that I LOVE ArtStudio and Luckyclan. The original ArtStudio has allowed me to create my best visual art since I was in eighth grade, up until now— I’m in 11th grade.
This is a very sleek app, and clearly a lot of thought has gone into its development as well as time and energy. However, it is very tiring and almost frustrating to use it from what I have seen so far, with a lot of features it doesn’t need and a lot of unnecessary steps to do things a single command would do. It seems TOO responsive and very sensitive at times, especially to rotation and zooming, and the transform option is not very responsive. The UI and the way the brushes functioned in the old app, as well as the delay/lack thereof on certain things in the old app was what made it attractive to me as a learning artist, and it still is! The complication of the new app is what makes it so hard to use, as for a person like me, a user-friendly setup is COMPLETELY required. Its interface is nice, however it is NOT user friendly. Too complicated with too many hidden features, and it’s so... I don’t know, flat? Like. It’s not fun to use due to the look of it.
I however am staying positive and looking forward to future updates and will continue to try to learn the app. I’m not giving up just yet! But my main art app for now— as art is how I make money— will have to be ArtStudio for iPad. Thank you!
So, before i bought this, i was on the fence to buy this app or not because i already bought procreate, and tried other drawing apps (such as medibang, csp and a couple more) and I liked procreate best. HOWEVER— I found out this app through a twitter post a weekish ago. Art Studio Pro supports kyle webster + your custom photoshop brushes, elastify/liquify, CROPS, has screen recording (duh), unlimited layers, the ability to change the image + canvas size AFTER you created the file, and it has CLIPPING MASKS. These are only some of the features I mentioned, but Art Studio Pro is far, far ahead of procreate in terms of customizing and editing... It is a smaller version of photoshop, and it is freaking AMAZING. Procreate? Well, let’s just say procreate is “dead” to me now... All I use is Art Studio Pro, and it’s really all you need...and it’s only a couple more $$?! Like dang....... I’ve also been telling/yelling everyone to try out this app on instagram, (If you want to see some of my work done on ASP, i’m soyeyoh on insta) because although it’s not advertised as well as procreate, its functions, I think are superior than procreate...again, IMO.
Anyways, thank you art studio pro... you’re doing god’s work 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.