Introducing Artstudio Pro, the most powerful painting and photo editing app available for both macOS and iOS . The successor to our famous ArtStudio app has been redesigned bringing many new features and improvements taking full advantage of the latest technologies Metal, iCloud Drive, and optimized for 64-bit multi-core processors to achieve the smoothest possible workflow.
Hundreds of assets are included and users have the ability to import resources in the most popular formats (ABR, TPL, PAT, GRD, ASE, ACO) giving instant access to millions of brushes, patterns, gradients, color swatches and fonts. It will boost your creativity and help you bring your ideas to life quickly and easily.
The powerful GPU accelerated ArtEngine developed by Lucky Clan is 5-10 times faster than the previous engine. It allows working with multiple documents, supports large canvas sizes and an unlimited number of layers. Incredible optimization ensures smooth work even with large canvases.
• Multiple open documents
• Canvas size: 256Mpix
• Unlimited layers
• 27 tools: Move, Select, Crop, Eyedropper, Paint, Wet Paint, Eraser, Bucket/Pattern/Gradient Fill, Smudge, Dodge, Burn, Sponge, Text, Heal, Clone, and more
Flexible layer system
Artstudio Pro introduces a new layer system with grouping, non-destructive layer effects, and adjustment layers.
• Masks, clipping masks
• 13 adjustment layers: Brightness/Contrast, Levels, Curves, Exposure/Gamma, Shadows/Highlights, Vibrance, Hue/Saturation, Color Balance, Temperature/Tint, Black and White and more
• 9 layer effects: Bevel/Emboss, Stroke, Inner Shadow, Inner Glow, Outer Glow, Color/Gradient/Pattern Overlay, Drop Shadow
• 27 blending modes
• Text layers
• Transform multiple layers simultaneously
Advanced Brush engine
Perfectly optimized, lag free mechanism generating smooth, real looking strokes, making the most of the stylus.
• Brush size up to 4000x4000
• 64-bit painting with pattern, double stamp, wet brush, dynamics
• Brush editor with 80 customizable settings
• Over 100 built-in brushes divided into a few groups: Painting, Sketching, Markers, Inking, Dots & Specks, and more
• Symmetric painting with custom symmetry line
Professional photo editor
Photo editing options developed in cooperation with professional photographers. Each feature was tested in several scenarios and light conditions.
• 13 adjustments available as non-destructive layer or simple adjustment (list above)
• 4 auto adjustments: Auto Contrast, Levels, Lightness, Saturation
• Dozens of filters with realtime preview and the ability to generate seamless patterns
• Inpaint, Elastify (Liquify)
• Retouching tools: Heal, Dodge, Burn, Sponge and more
• Image resize with Nearest, Linear, Cubic interpolations
• Crop using special tool, crop from selection, trim transparent areas
We have implemented many parsers from the most popular assets/images formats and we are especially proud of our ABR/TPL parser which not only reads brush stamps and patterns, but also most settings which are converted to Artstudio Pro brush engine values.
• Images - PNG, JPEG, PSD, HEIC, TIFF, GIF, most raw formats
• Brushes - ABR, TPL
• Color swatches - ASE, ACO
• Patterns - PAT
• Gradients - GRD
• Fonts - TTF, OTF
• Images - PNG, JPEG, PSD, TIFF, PDF
• Full iCloud integration
• Screen recording
• All features available on macOS, iPad and iPhone
• Selection displayed as marching ants, quick mask or invisible
• Snapping to guidelines, dynamic guidelines, grid
• Perspective grid assist
• Mirror (flipped) view
• Canvas rotation
Minimum System Requirements
Artstudio Pro for macOS requires a Mac running macOS 10.11 El Capitan or above
- minor bug fixes
Here is the biggest update so far! Enjoy!
1. ADDED PERSPECTIVE GRID
• 1/2/3 Points modes
• choose View>Show>Show Perspective Grid to show it
• choose View>Perspective Grid Settings... to configure perspective points and line density
• Perspective Assist (View>Snap To>Perspective Grid Assis) - use it to constrain drawn strokes only to perspective lines
2. NEW ADJUSTMENTS
• added Gradient Map adjustment and new 'Duotone' gradient group - for creating artistic duotone photos
• added Selective Color adjustment - adjust color globally, in ranges of hues or in dark/neutral/bright areas
• improved Hue/Saturation adjustmet: added 'Colorize' switch and option to apply changes only in specific hue ranges
3. NEW FILTERS
• added advanced Denoise filter (Filters>Noise>Denoise)
• added Perling Noise filter (Filters>Noise>Perlin Noise...)
• added Clouds filter (Filters>Render>Clouds...) - with Difference and other blendings, Seamless mode and more
• added Wind filter (Filters>Stylize>Wind)...
• added pressure sensitivity to Elastify
• Added option to disable Interpolation in Twirl, Pinch, Circle Waves and Polar Coordinates filters
• now Filter>Apply Last Filter works also with Elastify filter
• added Mirror (flipped) view (View>Mirror or Cmd+Shift+M)
• now layer/effect blending is updated immediately when moving mouse over blending modes
• added shortcut for Smudge/Blur/Sharpen tools ('D')
• added shortcut for Edit>Clear (Command+Delete)
5. OTHER IMPROVEMENTS
• added drawing real-looking Smoothing Rope when using brush with Smoothing value > 0
• added Constant Paint dynamics (to use with Wet Paint tool)
• added Smooth setting to Lasso tool
• improved brush scattering in painting tools
• improved loading Raw photos, now app asks to load Original or Proceeed image
• Fixed glitch when clipping mask is using not-normal blending
• app works much faster with large canvases containing a lot of groups
• fixed parsing layer names containing Chinese characters in PSD
• fixed loading masks from PSD
• sometimes layers could not be moved when some other layers had 'Lock Position' enabled
• minor improvements in View>Grid Settings...
• fixed dragging guidelines with Move tool when adjustment layer is active
• Magic Wand and Bucket Fill work faster
• sometimes loading image/layer from clipboard was not possible
• many other small fixes, improvements and optimizations
Ratings and Reviews
No reason why you shouldnt get this
In the infinite sea of photo editing apps, this one is one I found on a website that reccomended affordable apps for photo editing. This is now easily my go to for touching up photos (blimishes and things vanity needs to remove from images). I started on the IOS app and its super easy to use and I truly love it. Its the tiny little brother of an early version of Photoshop CS with all its layering and options, but it packs a mean punch. Im an amateur photographer and editor (Teacher to be exact) With this app and learing how to use it quickly, I seem to be a creative pro to my friends and clients ( I have a side photography business). Dont listen to the haters, if you are worried about the price, try the IOS version from the apps store itself first and see if you like it. Its the same on the MAC etc. You cannot import large photos on the IOS version (but they auto resize it for you) for smaller projects that turn out super. If you are an amatuer like me and would like a great product. Get it. Learn it. Live it. You wont be let down. :) BTW, I do not write reviews as I can be a bitter man from time to time with technology. This is a bitter sweet purchase and something you won’t regret. Learn the HEAL tool, it will turn your Child Painting into a Picasso.
Excellent Support and Customer Service
I primarily use Art Studio Pro for all of my digital artwork. I have found that it is easy to navigate and also to produce work that is high quality. I have had issues in the past with the program, and when I addressed this to the support staff, they worked out what problems I noticed right away. If you’re having trouble using Art Studio Pro, the support staff are very good about fixing bugs. They are also very personable and want to make sure that you are getting the most out of your use of Art Studio Pro. So, for those who may run into issues, don’t hesitate to reach out to Support. They will definitely go to whatever lengths needed to improve the functionality of this program.
I used to have the app version of this on my iPad, but it has been broken for a few months now, and I was scowering everywhere for this app on my computer. I have many great things to say about the iPad version, however, this version needs work. It continuosly crashes, has many bugs, etc. Not to mention… It costs $20 more than the iPad version, but its significantly worse. I’m going to keep this app, because I have faith this will be improved with future updates, but so far I just think its… Eh. It gets the job done though.
We are fixing all bugs just after we reproduce it. New updates are released every few days. Please just help us to reproduce the bugs and i promise they will be fixed immediately. Report bugs to email: firstname.lastname@example.org or on luckyclan.com/forum
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.