Ascension: Deckbuilding Game
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**Dreamscape Expansion Now Available!**
Step into the Dreamscape, a plane of visions and imagination created in the wake of New Vigil’s transformation. As the factions gain insight into the new world’s power, they must also be on guard for those who might abuse it for their own nefarious ends. Join the heroes of New Vigil as they explore the exciting possibilities that await them in the Dreamscape!
• New Insight Resource and Dreamborn cards allows players to access Dream Cards and other powers!
• Use the Dreamscape to access the powerful new Vision Cards, as well as Heroes and Constructs!
• Playable as a stand-alone 1- 4 player game, or combine with other Ascension games!
Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer, is the first officially licensed deck building card game for iOS. Play alone or with friends to battle against the Fallen One for honor and victory. Conceived and designed by three Magic: the Gathering tournament champions, Ascension will provide hours of engaging and strategic game play for enthusiast and experienced gamers alike.
2011 Golden Geek award winner (Best Mobile/Handheld Game)
Pocket Gamer Bronze Award 2011
Dice Tower Awards Awards: Best Digital Boardgame
iOS Boardgames Blog
iOS Board Game of the Year -2011
iPad Boardgame of the Year - 2011
Best Interface and Graphic Design - 2011 Best Online Multiplayer - 2011
• Universal Application: Play on iPhone, iPod, iPad, iPad Mini, and iPad Air running iOS 5 and up for free.
• 1st officially licensed deck building game for iPhone and iPad.
• Over 50 beautifully detailed cards, hand drawn by Eric Sabee.
• Full asynchronous support for multiplayer online games.
• Play against multiple A.I. opponents using varied strategies.
• Introductory tutorial to teach you how to play.
• Enhanced visual optimization for iPhone 4 and iPad using high resolution graphics designed for the retina display
Also by Playdek:
• Twilight Struggle
• D&D Lords of Waterdeep
• Summoner Wars
• Tanto Cuore
• Food Fight iOS
• Penny Arcade The Game: Gamers vs Evil
• Can’t Stop
What's New in Version 1.12.2
- Fixed bug related to drawing entire Dream deck when adding a card to your Dreamscape.
- Fixed purchasing for Dreamscape expansion when Bundle is already owned.
- Possible fix for issue related to streaming textures for Dreamscape cards.
APPS GO THROUGH STAGES
I've been playing this for years now and it's become a daily event. Right now it's struggling through a new developmental phase with new cards and additional rules. The problem is the new cards aren't unique enough to make all the fuss worth while. Also, all of the adjustments have given the game to the AI (or rather, the programmer), so playing right now is a waste of time. The AI prefers a militaristic approach, shunting the high priests, and in spite of killing nearly all of the monsters they are also being hand fed most of the valuable cards. One programmer can bring an app down in a heartbeat, so let's hope that he or she will be transferred to the cafeteria soon.
Dreamscape breaks the game
The Dreamscape expansion has some good new ideas, but lacks balance and feels like it was rushed into the game without much play testing. Too many monsters ruin the flow of the game. 60 point games (the only kind you can play with friends) end too fast. Medium and high power cards aren't of much use when the game ends before you can play them. Mechana constructs are nerfed. Void has the power here. Theres also a lot of bugs with cards not working or doing what they should. For example enlightened unite "return the card to your hand" and "acquire any hero in the middle row" has often not worked at all.
Poor app support
Since you're App Store link to support does not work I'll write a poor review to report a bug.
Since the release of Dreamscape if you have 0 Honor left in the pool and chose not to send a card to the Void when given the choice the game crashes. You are unable to ever load this game again to finish it. You can't even change your mind just to take your win. Once "None" has been chosen that game will be in a forever crash loop when you try to reload it.
I have repeated this bug three times now. I wish I could think of a card in play all three times but I cannot. The zero Honor left in the pool was definitely a factor all three times.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 17, 2016
- Version: 1.12.2
- Size: 198 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Incinerator Studios
- © Playdek 2011, Gary Games 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Return of the Fallen expansion$1.99
- Storm of Souls expansion$2.99
- Promo Pack 1$0.99
- Immortal Heroes expansion$1.99
- Rise of Vigil$1.99
- Darkness Unleashed expansion$2.99
- Bundle 1$8.99
- Ascension Promo Cards - Pack 4$0.99
- Realms Unraveled expansion$2.99
- Ascension Promo Pack 2$0.99