Ascension: Deckbuilding Game
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**War of Shadows Expansion Now Available!**
A new darkness seeps into New Vigil from the Void, intent on restoring despair and desolation to a world that has forgotten it.
The four factions recall their veteran heroes and reawaken the great war machines of the past, as they plan their first in the chaotic ebb and flow of light and dark.
The War of Shadows has begun!
* New dual-cost Heroes and Constructs require players to use both resources to acquire them, but have incredible power!
* As the balance between Light and Dark shifts, cards gain additional powers depending on whether it’s Night or Day!
* Playable as a stand-alone 1-4 player game, or combine with other Ascension games!
Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer, is the first officially licensed deck building card game for iOS. Play alone or with friends to battle against the Fallen One for honor and victory. Conceived and designed by three Magic: The Gathering tournament champions, Ascension will provide hours of engaging and strategic game play for enthusiast and experienced gamers alike.
2011 Golden Geek award winner (Best Mobile/Handheld Game)
Pocket Gamer Bronze Award 2011
Dice Tower Awards Awards: Best Digital Boardgame
iOS Board Game of the Year -2011
iPad Boardgame of the Year - 2011
Best Interface and Graphic Design - 2011
Best Online Multiplayer - 2011
• Universal Application: Play on iPhone, iPod, iPad, iPad Mini, and iPad Air running iOS 5 and up for free.
• 1st officially licensed deck building game for iPhone and iPad.
• Full asynchronous support for multiplayer online games.
• Play against multiple A.I. opponents using varied strategies.
• Introductory tutorial to teach you how to play.
• Enhanced visual optimization for iPhones and iPads using high resolution graphics designed for the retina display
Also by Playdek:
• Twilight Struggle
• D&D Lords of Waterdeep
• Summoner Wars
• Tanto Cuore
• Food Fight iOS
• Penny Arcade The Game: Gamers vs Evil
• Can’t Stop
What's New in Version 1.13.1
Fixed an issue where effects that referenced a card's cost weren't handling dual cost cards correctly.
The game itself is very intuitive once you get the hang of it but the way the tutorial is setup doesn't show you the full way to play the game, you do however get the hang of it after two to three times of play. The main gameplay however is really flushed out and well rounded, but there is a small issue with the getting one deck and paying for the rest (and they're all mostly reasonable in price so not a big issue) which is after four to five times of playing the first deck it kinda becomes uninteresting. All in all it's a good game and worth giving a shot👍🏼.
Can't buy new expansions but otherwise terrific
I love Ascension. Like others are saying, it's the one game I haven't deleted from my phone. The game itself is very engaging, the app is free, you can play offline, and the art is beautiful. Being able to mix and match expansions adds variety. My one complaint is that I haven't been able to make any in-app purchases for a few months and I'm ready for another expansion. Don't know how to fix that (devs should probably look into that haha) but otherwise I still love it!
Latest FORCED update killed sound...NICE JOB GUYS!
Used to be a decent game, though very limited by single deck and all other cost money. Biggest issue is that everytime they update the game they REQUIRE you to download the game again, even if you donot care about anything in the update...like they never heard of backward compatibility or something! Of course the latest update I was FORCED to install killed the sound completely. Tried everything including deleting and reinstalling the app, but now no sound. Just thought I would write a review before I uninstall it permanently!!!!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 16, 2017
- Version: 1.13.1
- Size: 217 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Incinerator Studios
- © Playdek 2011, Gary Games 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Return of the Fallen expansion$1.99
- Storm of Souls expansion$2.99
- Promo Pack 1$0.99
- Bundle 1$4.99
- Rise of Vigil$1.99
- Darkness Unleashed expansion$2.99
- Immortal Heroes expansion$1.99
- Realms Unraveled expansion$2.99
- Ascension Promo Cards - Pack 4$0.99
- Dawn of Champions$3.99