The updated ASCVD Risk Estimator Plus uses recent science and user feedback to help a clinician and patient build a customized plan to prevent heart disease and stroke together by estimating and monitoring change in 10-year ASCVD risk.
Use the app to:
• Estimate a patient’s initial 10-year ASCVD risk using the pooled cohort equation
• Receive an individualized, risk-based, intervention approach
• Project the impact of specific interventions on a patient’s risk
• Guide clinician-patient discussion around customizing an intervention plan
• Update risk at follow-up based on a patient’s response to therapy using the Million Hearts Longitudinal model
Advice from the app is derived from the 2013 ACC/AHA 2013 Guideline on the Treatment of Blood Cholesterol to Reduce ASCVD Risk and the 2016 Million Hearts Longitudinal ASCVD Risk Assessment Tool user guide. The information and recommendations in this app are meant to support clinical decision making. They are not meant to represent the only or best course of care, or replace clinical judgment. Therapeutic options should be determined after discussion between the patient and their care provider.
• Risk auto-calculation
• Expanded ACC/AHA Blood Pressure Guideline advice
• Print functionality
Ratings and Reviews
The app returns an estimated risk based on current data. However the Therapy impact suggests various scenarios that are imprudent. Start HBP meds when the patient doesn’t have HBP. Or intensify Statins for patients whose risk is less than 7.5%
A new defect
Thenk you for adding a reset button. But now, when we enter a value (which must be done 5 times) it defaults now to the letter type screen, not the numerical. This requires another keystroke for every number that needs to be entered.
This may not sound like much, but since we use it for every patient who gets a lipid panel. this is adding up to a pain. It reminds me too much of my old EHR.
Can I somehow revert to the previous version? Thankfully another group has one called the "ASCVD suite" which avoids this wrong screen problem.
This new version has some serious flaws. In addition to being harder to navigate than previous versions, it gives seriously incorrect values for ASCVD risk - last two patients I profiled both came back at 1.1% 10 year risk which is just not possible in the population I am seeing. Last person had a total cholesterol of 334! And still came back as 1.1% risk. Please scrap this version and go back to the old one.
- American College of Cardiology
- 18.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014 American College of Cardiology
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.