The updated ASCVD Risk Estimator Plus uses up to date science and user feedback to help a clinician and patient build a customized risk lowering plan by estimating and monitoring change in 10-year ASCVD risk.
Use the app to:
• Estimate a patient’s initial 10-year ASCVD risk using the pooled cohort equation
• Receive an individualized, risk-based, intervention approach
• Project the impact of specific interventions on a patient’s risk
• Guide clinician-patient discussion around customizing an intervention plan
• Update risk at follow-up based on a patient’s response to therapy using the Million Hearts Longitudinal model
Advice from the app is derived from the 2019 ACC/AHA Guideline on the Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease, the 2018 ACC/AHA et.al Guideline on the Management of Blood Cholesterol, the 2017 ACC/AHA et.al Guideline on High Blood Pressure in Adults, the 2013 ACC/AHA Guideline on the Assessment of Cardiovascular Risk, and the 2016 Million Hearts Longitudinal ASCVD Risk Assessment Tool user guide. The information and recommendations in this app are meant to support clinical decision making. They are not meant to represent the only or best course of care, or replace clinical judgment. Therapeutic options should be determined after discussion between the patient and their care provider.
Ratings and Reviews
The app returns an estimated risk based on current data. However the Therapy impact suggests various scenarios that are imprudent. Start HBP meds when the patient doesn’t have HBP. Or intensify Statins for patients whose risk is less than 7.5%
App needs updating
Please update the app to reflect that aspirin is no longer indicated for primary prevention!
Entered age 50, got error
It said the age had to be between 40 and 71
- American College of Cardiology
- 20.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014 American College of Cardiology
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.