ASE Pocket Guidelines
By American Society of Echocardiography
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ASE Guide is handy tool developed by the American Society of Echocardiography (ASE) to consolidate charts from our most popular guidelines in one place. These charts were adapted from the following four guidelines written by ASE and published in the Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography (JASE). We are the heart and circulation ultrasound specialists dedicated to improving our patients’ health and quality of life. We use ultrasound to provide an exceptional view of the cardiovascular system to enhance patient care.
Echocardiographic Assessment of Valve Stenosis: EAE/ASE Recommendations for Clinical Practice, JASE, January 2009
Recommendations for Evaluation of Prosthetic Valves With Echocardiography and Doppler Ultrasound, JASE, September 2009.
Recommendations for Chamber Quantification, JASE, December 2005.
Recommendations for the Evaluation of Left Ventricular Diastolic Function, JASE, February 2009.
Charts include the following for men and women and take into account body surface area:
• LV Dimensions
• LA Volumes
• Aortic Root Measurements
• LV Segmentation
• Parameters for evaluation of prosthetic mitral valves, prosthetic pulmonic valves, prosthetic tricuspid valves, and prosthetic aortic valves
• Classification and grading of aortic stenosis, mitral stenosis, pulmonary stenosis, and tricuspid Stenosis
• Normal values of mitral inflow velocities, TD velocities, and pulmonary vein velocities,
• Estimation of filling pressure
• And more
The information contained in this app does not constitute the offering of medical advice by ASE, and should not be used as the sole basis to make medical practice decisions.
What's New in Version 220.127.116.11
• Solved bug that caused the App to crash on devices running iPhone OS 3.1.3
Waste of money
Stay away. Not worth the money. There are ten pages of very basic data. Five of them you see in the screen shots above. Would you like to pay ten dollars so you can see five more such pages. One has to wonder at the audacity of ASE that they would charge for something like this.
This app is not very comprehensive, and not worth the money.
Stay away. It is outdated. There is a newer app by the ASE AND THEY SHOULD HAVE DELETED THE OLD ONE
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Mar 01, 2011
- Version: 18.104.22.168
- Size: 32.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: American Society of Echocardiography
- © 2011 American Society of Echocardiography
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.