By Sharecare, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The award-winning AskMD app is more than just a symptom checker. Optimized for iOS 8 and integrated with Apple’s Health app, AskMD is a personalized health consultation that helps identify what's bothering you, gets you organized, enables you to have a better doctor's visit and ultimately gets you healthier.
Whether it's your joint pain, a parent's Diabetes or your spouse's cholesterol, this app uses clinically-proven research to help you get from wondering what could be wrong to what you can do about it. AskMD recommends qualified physicians covered by your insurance, and arms you with the information you need for your doctor's appointment, which you also can share privately with your physician or others you choose. So, take the guesswork out of getting better. AskMD.
• Identify potential causes of your symptoms quickly and easily: AskMD, with speech recognition powered by Nuance, allows you to simply use your voice to initiate a series of questions relevant to your issue, taking into account all your symptoms and other facts, like medications and known conditions. During this "consultation," the app utilizes Pattern Recognition Technology to match your answers against a dynamic clinical knowledge platform, yielding a list of possible causes that actually are relevant to you.
• Determine if you have an emergency: If AskMD detects that you might be in a critical or life-threatening situation, the app will direct you to Emergency Rooms closest to your location.
• Take the next steps to get the right care: Once you've completed your consultation, AskMD prepares you for your doctor's appointment by arming you with a summary of your results, which you can easily access, print or share privately from the app. AskMD also locates doctors and specialists qualified to treat your symptoms or condition by area map or list, which also can be filtered by insurance, specialty and distance. You can even click to call and make an appointment directly from the app, and map your route to their office.
• Keep track of your health: AskMD also has tools and information to help you learn more about your health day–to–day. In addition to helping you organize health information you might need on a daily basis – like your medications, insurance information, and names and contact details for all your doctors and specialists – AskMD integrates with the Health app to keep your health vitals updated in AskMD’s Health Check, which uses animation and graphics to show you what your vitals mean to your overall health.
• Care for family and friends — AskMD allows you to create multiple health profiles in the app, so in addition to managing your own health, you also can manage the health of others for whom you care.
What's New in Version 2.3
Performance improvements and bug fixes
Great App - Like having a Doc in your pocket!
This has been one of the best apps I have come across. I love how I can personalize my health information and have access to doctors in the geographical area where I am traveling. This has come in handy while touring colleges with my oldest child and she came down with a nasty bug. On top of finding a doctor in the area where we were staying I was also able to immediately speak to a doctor with their new telemedicine program - great stuff! Thanks for lowering my stress Sharecare!
Best symptom app. Use it for my family and recommend it to friends. Good consult and info. I like the find a doc and for my visit features. The for my visit keeps your consult history, good for me as I often forget the symptoms kids had and myself. Nice to have a summary of our consults on my phone to discuss with the doctor.
I originally was frustrated as it asked so many questions but stick with it. They really are thorough. Heck, they ask more questions than my physician!! I really liked the way it covers all possible issues and the nearest medical care. This app is awesome!!😀