This app works with the Ventipix Asset & Inventory Manager web app.
The web app enables you to track assets and inventory online and in realtime. It uses this app for scanning barcodes, 2D barcodes such as QR Codes, and Datamatrix, and NFC tags. Bluetooth & USB scanners are also supported.
The data captured when a barcode is scanned or NFC tag is tapped is sent back to the server (where the web app resides), along with additional custom data relating to the asset or the inventory.
All captured data can be seen from the dashboard of the web app. The web app allows you to view, update, and delete records. It also shows the logs of who performed what action.
For asset management, the app has the following operations:
- Asset Tagging - this service allows you to update or add assets to the system
- Check out - this service allows you to record who has borrowed or is possession of an asset
- Check in - this service allows you to record when an asset has been returned
- Maintenance - this service allows you to keep an asset's maintenance history up to date
- Reservation - this service allows you to hold off an item from being checked out within a certain time frame
- Auditing - this service allows you to record audit status of your assets
For the inventory management, the app has the following operations:
- Inventory Tracking - this service allows you to update or add inventory to the system
- Stock-take - this service allows you to count stock by scanning barcodes
- Add/Reduce Stock - this service allows you to change stock quantity
- Import inventory from QuickBooks and sync quantity changes
- You can update the status of delivered products
- You can track goods received i.e Purchase Order fulfilment including ones from QuickBooks
The app also:
- can send barcode scans or NFC taps to Google Sheets or Excel Online. This can include GPS coordinates.
- captures geo-coordinates of the scan/tap and sends it with the rest of the data
- allows you to customize the questions to ask after a scan/tap has been performed
- can upload photos or take photos of the asset/inventory
- works offline and allows data to be synced when an Internet connection is available
- can work like an external scanner when paired with a computer running our web app
- can populate a web-based excel-like spreadsheet with scanned barcode or tapped NFC tat data
- can scan multiple barcodes in one session
- allows you to track Work In Progress
This application can be used in schools, universities, businesses, charities, churches, warehouses, haulage, labs, health care, construction, libraries, rental services, equipment hire, tools rental, etc.
- Added a new data capture field that can be used to capture multiple barcode scans or NFC taps
- Fixed GPS coordinates capture issue
- Improved search results
- Improved inventory editing for multiple locations
Ratings and Reviews
There is a trade off but I’ll take it any day
This was exactly what we needed as a small business looking for an innovative way to track inventory. However, there is no support with this app. If it was too complex to use I would have no one to teach me but that’s not the case. After playing around with it we are happy with our purchase.
Good app-minor changes would make great
I use this app to manage resources at a school that are available for checkout by employees. My only wish is that you could scan multiple assets in the asset checkout stage before entering custodian data. Now, you have to scan one item at a time. Also, you have to back out of the add asset or check out asset after each scan and go back into the app before it will allow you to scan another item.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.