● Administer and collect student results from common, summative, formative and rubrics-based assessments
● Automatically grades bubble sheets captured by camera by identifying encoded student ID and comparing to teacher-defined key.
● Log individual student results to any assessment type
● Manage and score collaborative learning activities
● Immediately review the results of any assessment in ASSIST
● Results from ASSIST can be uploaded and aggregated by student, class, campus, assessment and standard
Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
I reviewed the last version and called it utterly unusable. This version is slightly better but is still dramatically inferior to previous versions.
First and foremost, don't bother trying to grade unless you have an active internet connection. If, like mine, your iPad is wifi only, the app doesn't save the data from grading sessions if you aren't on wifi. Unfortunately, I learned this after having graded 120 tests that I now get to regrade.
Second, it is more stable than the last version which crashed after every 6 tests. However, it still doesn't like extended grading sessions. I teach 6 classes with a total of 190-ish students and I really notice the app slowing down after 2 or 3 classes.
Overall, better than the last version which deserved negative stars, but still not much faster than hand grading while requiring a much higher technological commitment. At this point, I'll be recommending to our principal that we not renew our contract. The money we spend for the service will be much more useful when spent on things that work.
I love this app! As a high school teacher, I used it to grade all of my tests. It made it so quick and easy! But for some reason, now every time I go to scan an answer sheet, the app crashes and when I open it again, it has copied the key to the test I just tried to grade. I don't know what happened, but I hope it gets fixed soon so I don't have to use my computer's document camera to grade finals-it's much more difficult to use!
Not user friendly
This app is not user friendly. It locks up constantly, is difficult to navigate when grading assessments and doesn't allow you to cancel tests in the grading section which then messes up your data. I'm extremely frustrated. I was thinking this would be quick and easy but it isn't.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.