By Base 2 Applications, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Assyrian ABCs is the #1 Children’s Neo-Aramaic Assyrian alphabet app!
Trapped in the jungle with wild animals, you and your children are one tap away from preserving the Assyrian Neo-Aramaic language!
Kids will have a blast learning the Assyrian Neo-Aramaic alphabet and building vocabulary with the adorable animals in Assyrian ABCs! Each letter features an interactive ‘drag letter into place’ game with talking letters, a short animation and the animal’s name written in Neo-Aramaic. Before you know it, your child will be reciting the alphabet, teaching you new words and correcting your pronunciations!
Neo-Aramaic is an endangered language. The language will be lost if parents do not step up and provide tools to teach their children their mother tongue.
Don't forget, read from right to left as Assyrians do.
What Parents and Kids are saying:
"Start super early! The younger they are the sooner they learn. My son learned the Assyrian and English alphabets at the same time and never mixed the two. Their brains are little sponges. Alternate from verbal to visual cues because they absorb everything that they are exposed to. Repetition is key, as well.." – Noella (Mother)
"Alap, Beet, Gammal, Dallat, Heh, Wow, Zein, Khet, Teit, Yood, Cap, Lammad, Meem, Noon, Simkat, Ei, Peh, Sadi, Qope, Resh, Sheen, Tau!" – Sargon (3 years old)
* Assyrian Neo-Aramaic text and voice overs for correct reading and pronunciation
* 22 different animals with spellings and fun voice overs
* Written in traditional Assyrian verse
* Delightful animations, interactive and fun
* Educational mini-games to drag letters into place
* Read from right to left teaching your children proper Assyrian Neo-Aramaic reading techniques
* Assyrian ABCs is designed with your children in mind - there are no high scores, failures, limits or stress. Your children can interact with the app at their own pace.
* Anyone studying other Semitic languages such as Assyrian Neo-Aramaic, Chaldean, Suryoyo, Hebrew and Arabic will also enjoy this app.
* Don't miss the soundboard at the end of the app. Tap on the letters to hear their sound in Assyrian Neo-Aramaic.
*Safe for children. The app doesn’t call any 3rd party tracking nor does the app connect to any social networks or websites
*By the creators of Moon Story and the Assyrian app
What's New in Version 1.1
It could be better.
It is definitely a great start, but it needs improvements. The background music and the voice speaking the words are not very child-friendly. The letter “hee” for “hawa” does not quite match the sound of the wind. “Hawa” is synonymous with air or weather. “Pokha” would translate into wind. My almost 3-year old son was bored at letter “wow”. I don’t mind paying what I paid to support the effort, but if I were the pay this fee for any other app, it would have to be engaging and have a lot more to offer. Just a thought…Good job, though!
Thank you & good job. Being a first app there is much room for improvements. I felt that background music was much louder than what is been thought, and makes it hard to hear the words clearly. Also It would have been more functional if there was more examples for each letters and more tests. Again thank you for your love for our language and your great efforts. Hope to see many more Assyrian teaching apps.
Proud to be Assyrian
Thank you so much for this great application. I have a 5 month old baby and I love practicing with her.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 04, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 27.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Base 2 Applications, LLC
- © Base 2 Applications
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.