Astra Jigsaw HD
By Lena Pankratova
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Astra Jigsaw HD is a challenging jigsaw puzzle game including lots of jigsaws.
For each puzzle you can choose seven different styles of pieces and smoothly change the number of pieces from 50 to 900. In the most intricate style named Figure the pieces are shaped as animals, birds, fruits, toys, and other objects.
To make a puzzle easier to play, add the picture frame. To make a puzzle more challenging, turn on rotation of pieces.
To manage a vast number of pieces, you can use two playing windows. Use one window to make up a jigsaw and the other one to arrange or store pieces that you need not at the moment.
Select a group of pieces to move or neatly arrange them at once. To examine small pieces, use the Magnifying Glass.
You can save an incomplete jigsaw and later restore it. Up to nine puzzles in work can be saved simultaneously.
In addition to one thousand ready-to-use jigsaws, a jigsaw making feature is available. You can create your own puzzles from the images stored in the local iPhoto gallery. Or you can use the built-in search in the world largest image stores Picasa and Flickr. The maker is unlocked after purchasing four jigsaw collections.
Ambient sounds of ocean waves, chirping birds or singing crickets will make the playing more relaxing.
You can save the solved jigsaw to iPhoto gallery.
* * * * * * *
Astra Jigsaw includes one free collection of puzzles and 24 pay collections:
* Americas (100 jigsaws) for $3.99
* Art (100 jigsaws) for $3.99
* Art II (100 jigsaws) for $3.99
* Art III (100 jigsaws) for $3.99
* Art IV (100 jigsaws) for $3.99
* Asian Holidays (100 jigsaws) for $3.99
* Australia and New Zealand (100 jigsaws) for $3.99
* Autumn Colors (30 jigsaws) for $0.99
* Carl Larsson (27 jigsaws) for $0.99
* Europe Tour (100 jigsaws) for $3.99
* France and UK (100 jigsaws) for $3.99
* Gardens (50 jigsaws) for $1.99
* German Accents (100 jigsaws) for $3.99
* India (100 jigsaws) for $3.99
* Italy and Spain (100 jigsaws) for $3.99
* Japan (100 jigsaws) for $3.99
* Kids (30 jigsaws) for $0.99
* Kids II (25 jigsaws) for $0.99
* Landmarks (100 jigsaws) for $3.99
* My Favorite Things (100 jigsaws) for $3.99
* My Favorite Things II (100 jigsaws) for $3.99
* Tropical (100 jigsaws) for $3.99
* USA (100 jigsaws) for $3.99
* Xmas 2010 (25 jigsaws) for $0.99
What's New in Version 1.18
* Kids II collection added
Great! One little suggestion!
This is a WONDERFUL app! I love puzzles, doing them on an iPad is great! No lost pieces, if it doesn't go there - it doesn't connect! Chose the shape, number of pieces, distinction of cut! My only suggestion, ability to add pages for puzzle pieces! Two pages just doesn't allow for enough space to layout ALL pieces and work puzzle. I have started clumping same colors together to allow for a little workspace, but ability to add more pages to layout pieces would be MUCH better!
I have found that laying pieces out on the two pages and moving puzzle that has been put
together helps somewhat, but until you get enough pieces put together, there isn't any room on either page to have a clear view of puzzle vs available pieces. They sort of collide!
Still my FAVORITE after all these years!!!
BEST JIGSAW THERE IS!!!!! Things I Love:
-Two screens for easy working
-Beautiful Ambient sounds like Ocean waves, forest sounds, crickets, frogs at night. (My own request of Lena the developer!)
-Most like a real working puzzle
-double touch to move pieces to second screen.
-Ability to customize many things.
-Not a "pay-to-play" game. KEEP IT FOREVER!
-This developer listens and works with customer's ideas!!!!!
Oh my goodness......This is the very first thing I downloaded on my new IPad Pro today, and it is AMAZING!!!!!!!! I have hundreds of games, but this truly is my go-to game each day. Thank you Lena. I will be forever grateful for this game and your response to your loyal fans!!!
This is STILL my favorite all-time game!.....
My favorite go-to game for 15 years! Whether on my computer, my little handheld pocket pc, or now my iPad, this game is STILL my favorite thing to do.......especially in the evenings with the ambient crickets, or ocean waves turned on in the background!!
A Master App
This is a master app, what every app should be (I do need to say I do have a handful of other apps who reach that level also)
I do hope with all my heart that the author will maintain and support this through the endless changes and updates of iOS; I know it is a responsibility but for us the passionates...
So with that being said, a few comments:
You will need to open the wallet a little to unlock the custom jigsaw make feature, but for any genuine puzzle fan it is worth it... Do it, bite the bullet...
I did present the author with a short list of tweaks and fixes which if done would raise the app even higher in quality; among the list I had a suggestion to make using the rotate feature easier by simply using the single tap to rotate a piece ninety degrees (interestingly the single tap move is not used within the context); using the two fingers dragging is cumbersome to me
I know I shall enjoy this app and hobby for many years to come
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 18, 2014
- Version: 1.18
- Size: 69.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Elena Pankratova
- © 2012 Lena Pankratova
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- USA Collection (100 jigsaws)$3.99
- My Favorite Things Collection (100 jigsaws)$3.99
- Tropical Collection (100 jigsaws)$3.99
- Landmarks Collection (100 jigsaws)$3.99
- Europe Tour Collection (100 jigsaws)$3.99
- Xmas (25 jigsaws)$0.99
- Americas Collection (100 jigsaws)$3.99
- France and UK Collection (100 jigsaws)$3.99
- Autumn Colors Collection (30 jigsaws)$0.99
- My Favorite Things II Collection (100 jigsaws)$3.99