AstraChat is a standalone and lightweight Jabber (XMPP) client application with VOIP calling that connects directly to your XMPP server without any proxies in-between.
AstraChat is always connected to your XMPP server in the background and provides you with immediate push notifications of new messages.
AstraChat is very efficient with the network connection and data consumption so you can be confident that it will use very little of your battery or data allowance.
• Reliable direct connection to the XMPP server
• VOIP calling between clients using Jingle
• Chat groups
• No proxy server that might compromise your password or message content
• No account to sign up - just download and connect to your own server
• Secure connection with SSL and TLS
• Compatible with all XMPP servers
• Works on all mobile and WiFi networks
• Immediate push notification of new messages
• Is typing support
• Message delivery receipts
• Last seen presence (XEP-0012 if supported by XMPP server)
• Fast picture sharing
• Unlimited chat history
• Easy to use
• Fast and modern WhatsApp like interface
• Efficient network use
• Optimized for mobile devices
• Low battery consumption
• Low network consumption
AstraChat is suitable for large or small enterprises. With AstraChat, you will be ALWAYS ON!
For more information visit our website or email email@example.com.
Supported XMPP Protocols:
• RFC-3920: Core
• RFC-3921: Instant Messaging and Presence
• XEP-0012 Last Activity
• XEP-0016 Privacy Lists
• XEP-0054 vcard-temp
• XEP-0085 Chat State Notifications
• XEP-0153 vCard-Based Avatars
• XEP-0172 User Nickname
• XEP-0184 Message Delivery Receipts
• XEP-0191 Blocking Command
• XEP-0198 Stream Management
• XEP-0199 XMPP Ping
• XEP-0176: Jingle ICE-UDP
• XEP-0045: Multi-User Chat
AstraChat is a product of Rockliffe Systems - developers of rock solid communication software since 1995.
Ratings and Reviews
It's OK with a couple of minor issues
I'm using this with Kerio Connect 9.2.1 and the XMPP service that's included with it. I'm pleased with simplicity of setting up this client but I have at least two reservations as far as recommending this app. 1. I don't see anywhere that logs of conversations are saved and accessible for looking at my own IM history. 2. I can't figure out how to connect to an existing chat/group, only the ability to create a new group, to which none of my coworkers seem to be able to join since the error message they get says they are not members of the group. If those two issues can be addressed then this would be the best XMPP client I've tested on iOS so far.
Will send message over and over till you exit the app
Sometimes when you send a message to someone it will end up sending the same message over and over until you exit out of the app. But you don’t know this is happening unless the person you are sending the message too calls and tells you about it.
Hi, for further assistance of technical issues please kindly contact our representative via firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank You.
Fails after IOS 12.0.1
AstraChat worked well and consistently in the background before IOS 12, but is no longer consistent. Developer is making an effort to fix
Hi, Thank you for your feedback, we are investigating it and we will try to solve this problem as soon as possible.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.