AstralPad Office Collaboration – Screen sharing, video calling and documents, spreadsheet, presentation Editing
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AstralPad is the most advanced Office app on the iPad. You can - a) Open/edit MS Office documents including professional powerpoint presentations and powerful spreadsheet models, b) Discuss or present documents using Video/Audio Calling and Screen Sharing, c) Access documents from Dropbox, Box and Drive.
Notably, you can open multiple files simultaneously and copy paste charts/tables between opened files. You can convert office files to pdf and print file using AirPrint. Additionally, you can use the save-as feature to rename files or save your file in a different location.
*AstralPad is a cloud-based app and requires a good internet connection to edit and collaborate on Office documents*
1) Create word documents with headers/footers, review track changes, add comments, insert chart and images, and use various shapes and objects.
2) Create powerpoint documents, and present slideshows to customers or colleagues remotely.
3) Build excel spreadsheets with complex formulas, rich formatting, and analysis using data tables and pivot tables. You can also sort and filter data and use features like goal seek and solver.
4) Insert images from iPad's Photo library.
5) Preserve formatting of your existing documents.
6) Invite colleagues to work on documents together. Add contacts easily from your address book.
7) Discuss the document face to face via our built-in video/audio calling.
8) Schedule a meeting and send meeting invites from within the app.
9) Use the detail tool for precise editing/moving/resizing images, charts and other objects.
10) Intuitive gestures for navigating through documents.
11) Keyboard accessory bar to access features like Ctrl, Shft, Tab, arrow and select function keys. Bluetooth keyboards are supported.
12) Secure sharing of documents.
1) We support a wide variety of openly available fonts. However, proprietary fonts from other vendors may not be available.
2) We support iOS 6.0 and above.
3) Please note that we don't support opening pdf files in the app.
What's New in Version 2.1.2
* Added support to open web links in office documents
* Minor bug fixes
This app sounded good. I decided to try it. First thing it wants me to do is sign up to use it.
I don't always have internet connectivity. So if I don't have connectivity. I can't use this app right?
The concept that there is starting to be a whole movement of everything in the cloud. Nothing local. What happens if you have to work someplace the cloud isn't available?
iPads and iPhones are extremely portable. I have gone places where there is no cel phone coverage. Thus I avoid apps that only work if the internet is available.
This might be a good app. But I don't have time to check out an app that has to have the internet or access to 'Their cloud' What happens if their cloud gets hacked or goes down. Or they decide this app isn't making them enough money and they pull the cord on their cloud? It happens a lot.
Last I don't need yet another cloud I have to pay monthly for.
Could not sign up
App wouldn't recognize my gmail address as a valid email. Couldn't sign up, couldn't use.
How are these apps getting approved by Apple?
There are tons of bugs like random crashes, not being able to type, program freezes, etc. it use to work pretty well but now after my last update, it's almost useless.