By Astraware Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Can you crack the code?
Astraware CodeWords is an addictive word puzzle game with a difference! You start with a crosswords style grid but instead of words, each letter has been substituted with a number from 1 to 26. It is up to you to figure out which number stands for each letter!
There are no clues but 3 letters are already in place to help you get started and each letter of the alphabet is used at least once. You start by guessing possible words and matching numbers with letters, until you've fully cracked the code - and your vocabulary and logical reasoning will be stretched along the way!
Did you know that the letter 'e' is the most commonly used letter in English? Did you know that 'th' is the most common pair of letters to be seen together? You'll use this knowledge and more as you make your guesses and work out the words!
Astraware CodeWords gives you access to play our free Daily puzzles - top the global leaderboard by completing the puzzle in the fastest time! For an extra challenge there is a Weekender puzzle available each Friday with a trickier grid and more unusual words.
Great features include:
- Unlimited access to our two Daily puzzles and Weekender puzzle.
- A collection of 50 built-in puzzles in various sizes and difficulties, perfect for beginners and avid players
- Intuitive interface
- Highlighting to show where you've chosen the same letter for different numbers
- Option to fill in letters manually, or choose auto to fill in all occurrences of that letter at once
- Save slots available to have several puzzles on the go at once, so you can stop for a break and come back to a puzzle later
- Option to purchase extra value puzzle packs for offline play
What's New in Version 2.06.000
- Extra free starter puzzles added!
- More purchasable packs available
- High score page now includes position
- Further stability improvements and performance tweaks
If you enjoy word puzzles that are just enough to challenge without taxing the brain, this is a good one. I like the recent change to two puzzles per day. For me one is usually pretty easy and the other takes a bit more work. The right mix for winding it down after work stress. Word puzzle nerds will enjoy.
Great daily puzzles
You can take your time or try to beat your best time. Either way, the challenge is a good one. I enjoy the daily puzzles as part of my recreational time.
It's my wind down after a day's work, they're fun and just challenging enough to puzzle out. Cool to see your ranking and to try to beat your score
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 26, 2016
- Version: 2.06.000
- Size: 31.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Astraware Limited
- Copyright © 2016 Astraware Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Vacation Pack$3.99
- Family Pack$1.99
- Fun-size Pack$0.99
- No Ads$4.99
- Deluxe Pack$4.99
- Tough Pack$1.99
- Tough Pack 3$1.99
- Calendar Pack 2015$6.99
- Deluxe Pack 2$4.99
- Easy Pack$1.99