By Cyrille Thieullet
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A New Generation of Astronomy Software
If you want to share your passion or rediscover the pleasure of gazing at the stars without cumbersome computers or books, then your next step is to broaden your vision with the power and vast capabilities of Astromist on your PDA.
Astromist will give you the best of Astronomy in a pocket size. You will be able to discover what will happen, as-well-as when and how you will be able to observe it, just by using some its features like:
- Detailed astronomical charts (planetarium with 2.5 millions of stars, 19000 Deep Sky Objects with their images),
- Accurate simulators for Eclipses, Planets, Comets & Asteroids, or Artificial Satellites,
- Intuitive atlases of the Moon and the planet Mars (1800 features and photos),
- Smart Wireless control for your Telescopes including Dobsonians, GPS or Cameras will be available soon.
Designed for You
All around the world, the Astromist users are enjoying its usage every day. Regardless of whether you look at the sky with your naked eyes or use a telescope of 25 inches diameter, or anything between, Astromist will render service to you. In this way, Astromist can be the Astronomical Guide of beginners enabling them to quickly progress in this domain to learn sky and constellations. Even the most experienced users will appreciate its exhaustive databases, numerous simulators and advanced telescope control capabilities.
Available Anywhere, at Any Moment
It is as if you had shrunk the space to fit in the palm of your hand and carry around in your pocket or purse, you will be able to browse the whole sky, focus your attention on a planet or any other object in space and discover more and more of details and information. Everything is in the palm of your hand and it's always in your pocket without need of network access to get the full power.
What's New in Version 3.4
- Added automatic computation of GRS longitude into Jupiter Assistant (for dates away from the current period).
- Improved iOS 7.0 support.
- Fix a memory trash that causes some random app crash under lower memory conditions.
- Fix a display issue on iPad screen when Astromist is launched the first time
- Fix a GPS setup issue for iOS 7.0 device
- Fix a display bug into Eclipse assistant when displaying partial Moon eclipse information.
- Fix a display message issue into Moon Assistant : now only one message is displayed at a time into calendar screen.
Phenomenal amateur astronomy app
Everything that an amateur astronomer needs for night out with the telescope, binoculars, or even naked eye observing. Really appreciate the detailed star charts with night mode and ephemeris for all the objects. Apparently it can also control computer controlled scopes, but haven't tried that yet.
Thanks for making this available as freeware!
Phenomenal amateur astronomy app!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 18, 2013
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 45.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cyrille Thieullet
- © 2010-2013 Cyrille Thieullet
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.