By Astro HQ
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Go beyond a graphics tablet with Astropad Studio - the ultimate tool for professional artists & designers.
Astropad Studio allows you to use your iPad to draw directly into Photoshop and any other Mac creative tools. Astropad Studio turns your iPad into a high-end graphics tablet that does more.
Built for creative professionals with features like:
· Wifi or USB connectivity
· Crystal clear & ultra-fast
· Gesture shortcut customization
· Keyboard support
· Unlimited upgrades
Start a free 7-day trial today!
With your subscription you'll get:
· A monthly update with features and improvements
· Syncing of your settings across your devices
· Priority creative pro support
$11.99 monthly or $79.99 annually
Astropad Studio is our highest performance tool, built for creative professionals. If you're interested in using your iPad as a graphics tablet but you're not a creative professional, take a look at Astropad Standard, also available on the App Store.
· Pinch to Zoom: Pinch to zoom and pan in Mac Apps
· Liquid Extreme: Up to 5x faster than baseline Liquid
· Wifi & USB: Use your iPad as a graphics tablet plugged in or wirelessly
· Keyboard Support: Access our built-in keyboard or use your own Bluetooth keyboard
· Velocity Control: Analyzes network conditions dozens of times per second to balance image quality and latency
· Magic Gestures: Create your own gesture shortcuts with touch-Pencil combinations
· Shortcut Sets: Sidebar shortcuts automatically adapt to match whatever Mac app you’re working in
BUILT FOR CREATIVES
· Apple Pencil Optimized: Designed exclusively for the precision of Apple Pencil
· Color Corrected: True to your source material with color corrected output and retina resolution
· Mac OS X 10.10 or later, and iPad iOS 9 or later.
· Optimized for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil.
· $11.99 monthly or $79.99 annually
· Price may vary by location.
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card using your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Download the free Mac companion app: astropad.com/mac
Twitter & Instagram: @astropadapp
What's New in Version 1.7
* Screen selection on Move & Zoom screen
- Available when two or more monitors are enabled on Mac
* Increased compatibility with third-party Mac extensions
- ex: BetterTouchTool, Magnet, Synergy
* Stability enhancements
Requires an update to the companion Mac app: https://astropad.com/downloads/
7 Day Trial Verdict: Just Buy a Cintiq
While Astropad’s functionality should be default out of the box software by Apple for the iPad Pro, it’s not. Astropad has made a decent product, but for the price you would be a fool to not just buy a Wacom Cintiq.
I’d certainly pay $30 or even $50 for the software as a one off, and consider buying future upgrades, but no chance am I buying a subscription for $80 a year when you can buy a used Cintiq that will depreciate far less than $80 a year. There’s no point if you understand math and believe the products are equal.
However, they are not equal products. The Cintiq 13HD or 16 Pro is infinitely better than the experience on Astropad for professionals. If you are just messing around, sure, it’s a very good experience for a one off price. If you are just learning, still, just buy a Cintiq...you are already rich enough to own an iPad Pro.
Sorry Astropad, you will not get my subscription, nor my $30 for your “standard” app you’ve apparently abandoned (going by the reviews). Your UI is good, and the experience is good. Your product does what it says on the tin, but your ethics make this a one star. You cannot be trusted.
The only chance you have to get my money is if my Cintiq breaks for more than 7 days (thanks to Apple forcing me to have 8 different iTunes accounts that can’t combine). Then it’s a reasonable, though suboptimal backup.
As a creative designer I do so much on my computer its ridiculous. I purchased a Wacom Pen and Touch tablet but always wished I could use an iPad. This is revolutionary.
Be sure to also check out their kickstarter “Luna.” That turns the iPad into a wireless 2nd Display.
Look out Duet Display, here comes Astropad ;)
Thanks for fixing the palm rejection issue
I requested that we could turn off any gesture as my palm was being misinterpreted as Erase like 50 times a day. This latest update fixed that. So thank you!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 31, 2017
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 54.0 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Astro HQ LLC
- © 2017 Astro HQ LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases