The ASUS Lyra app lets you setup and control your ASUS Lyra Wi-Fi System. You can setup your Lyra system without a PC and check you network status anytime, anywhere.
Sharing your Wi-Fi, pausing network, prioritize the device of your family members in hand!
And the whole new insight features provide you the Internet usage of your family members. Lyra app is not only your network control center but also your best Internet house keeper!
Introduction video: https://youtu.be/3D3fhHxeiXU
- Setup your ASUS Lyra Wi-Fi system in few minutes
- See what is connecting to your Lyra system and allocating your bandwidth
- Diagnose the connection quality between each Lyra and all connected devices
- Secure all the devices connected to the Lyra system by AiProtection
- Pause Internet on kid’s devices
- Restrict inappropriate contents for your kids
- Show usage report of your kid to know what they are surfing on the Internet
- Cast music to your Google Home easily
- Prioritize different traffic on your Lyra system
- Create a separate network for your guests and easily share to them
- Update the software of your Lyra system to keep it always up to date
- Remotely manage your Lyra system anytime and anywhere
- More advanced networking tools, such as port forwarding, IP binding, DNS settings.
- ASUS Lyra
- ASUS Lyra-mini
- ASUS Lyra Trio
- ASUS Lyra Voice
- AiMesh support (Tell me how: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1038071)
For AiMesh support please follow steps, and we are moving to ASUS router app for settings.
If you don't need to use AiMesh, just keep the way you are, no need to change.
- fix some bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Not bad for first attempt....
Hardware is excellent and compares very evenly with the Eero in reliability and distance. Handoffs between to the best "spot" seem to be a bit slow, however no drop in connection is noticed. Connections do appear to want to hold on to the current "spot" and not jump to the best "spot" (at least delayed) for the best connection. The whole house and yard is covered with excellent speed (unless it is still stuck on a spot and not jumped to the best one which slows things down a bit).
First run software has its issues as expected. UI is excellent with many user options. No way to indicate which item is on what spot. DDNS by Asus is very poor and loss of remote connection happens frequently. Parental controls for time restrictions are set to one restriction per day per "family member". No way to set multiple time restrictions (dinner time and night time). If you manually pause a family member it resets the time restrictions back to default for each day and you have to enter them again.
Being able to DNS, VPN, and other options is an excellent touch.
I tried to give this system a chance, used it for 5 months. The connect constantly drops, and i never get anywhere near the speeds i should be getting. I have a 75/75 mbps internet and over wifi with this system i get a max of 5 mbps (only sitting next to the main hub). The google home got much higher speeds (75 mbps).
I also feel like asus gave up on this system. They never update it, and their tech support is awful to say the least.
Stay away from this system. The google home or linksys mesh system are much better.
Update: still have issues, and now the app crashes when i try to open it. Uninstalled and reinstalled no luck. Wiped my phone and tried fresh same thing. I give up.
Great App and Hardware
As with any day 1 product release, some problems are expected. However, ASUS nailed it with Lyra. The App is very easy to use for non technical people, but awesome for tech nerds who want details.
I know Lyra and this app will get better soon, but this App is great for a launch day app.
- ASUSTek COMPUTER INC.
- 79.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © ASUSTek COMPUTER INC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.