AT&T Call Protect uses the power of the AT&T network to automatically block potential fraud calls, warn you of suspected spam calls and gives you to power to manually block unwanted calls.
Avail. for AT&T postpaid and business wireless customers with eligible wireless service. Excludes government and AT&T PREPAID. Compatible device is required: iPhone 6 or newer running iOS 9.3+ and includes AT&T HD Voice-enabled smartphones. Smartphones sold by other carriers may not be eligible.
AT&T Call Protect:
- Automatic Fraud Blocking: Detects and blocks calls from likely fraudsters, before your phone rings
- Suspected Spam Warnings*: Identifies telemarketers, politicians and other suspected spam calls.
- Manual Call Blocking: Allows you to block unwanted calls from whoever you choose
- Report Spam Calls: Help identify suspected spam and likely fraud calls. Your reports help us to continually improve our service
AT&T Call Protect Plus (In-app purchase):
- Custom Call Blocking: Block, send to voicemail, or allow calls by category (Telemarketer, Political Calls, etc.)
- Enhanced Caller ID*: Identifies your incoming calls by name and location
- Reverse Number Lookup: Enter a U.S. number to get caller details. Up to 200 queries per user within 24-hour period.
*Available in HD Voice coverage areas
AT&T Call Protect: Automatic Fraud Blocking: May inadvertently block wanted calls. Suspected Spam Warning: May include service messages and/or other permitted calls. Manual Call Blocking: Permits blocking of individual phone numbers (excludes unknown numbers). Manage all settings via app.
AT&T Call Protect Plus: $3.99/mo. Auto-billed every month through your iTunes account unless canceled. Subscription automatically renews and your account will be charged $3.99 unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. To manage your AT&T Call Protect Plus (“Plus”) subscription, go to iTunes. Once your Plus subscription is canceled, you will be downgraded to the basic free version of AT&T Call Protect. To remove the service entirely, you must cancel within the app or via myAT&T, once your iTunes subscription ends. Custom Call Blocking: All call categories, except Fraud, are automatically set to allow. Manage all settings via app. Payments are nonrefundable (subj. to applicable law).
Rates: Data charges may apply for app download and usage. Other charges and restr. may apply.
For complete terms for AT&T Call Protect, see att.com/callprotectterms
New features for in-app upgrade, bug fixes and improved look/feel.
Ratings and Reviews
I would give it five stars but...
The app works great! Within days of putting it on my phone the insane amount of telemarketers, political calls, scammers, and unknown numbers have been blocked or at least flagged so I know not to answer them. I immediately manually block them. The message they get when they call my phone number is great and it really has cut down on my calls. Here’s what really makes me angry and here’s why the app received two stars from me. I have never had any other cellular service. I have the same phone number I started with waaaay back in the early days of wireless. Back in the Cellular One/MCI Wireless, the first AT&T, the buyout by Cingular, and the switch back to AT&T wireless and this is the thanks I get for being a loyal customer with seven lines of wireless service (with data) and DirectTV. They actually want me to pay $3.99 for Call Protect Plus? If they're not willing to give the Call Protect Plus at no charge to everyone, they should at least provide the service to those of us who have been faithful customers and/or give them a tremendous amount of business. There’s no excuse for charging customers for this service! They already get a ridiculous amount of money from me. I don’t think I should have to fork out more to them for Call Protect Plus.
READ YOUR CONTRACT
Big warning! Please make sure that you read the contract you are signing before you hit the agree button. Not only are you playing ATT a full term price before you get any service but ATT (one if not the biggest company in the phone business) could not even do this without bring in some unknown 3rd company. Let’s see if they can’t make it work or they “accidentally” sell all of your personal info you can’t sue in a class action lawsuit! They are glad to tell you that they are collecting even more data but doesn’t ATT already have you account info? Shouldn’t that be enough? Wait shouldn’t the need to collect data info be redundant? Oops, look some there’s another company involved maybe this company is collecting “your personal data” and selling it to the highest bidder so someone completely new can try and sell you that new trip to the Caribbean. NO THANKS! How about making it harder to spoof a fake phone number? How about allowing the end customer seeing the person who is actually paying for making that call (you need a court order and multi state corporation to get that!) But if you have a friend in the local police department he/she can have your physical location sent to him while you are driving down the highway.
Call Protect, Indeed!
Despite signing up for the national “do not call” registry, scammers & spammers & fraudsters would still be able to call me — that is until I downloaded the AT&T Call Protect App! Within 3 day’s of downloading this app, all of the spam, non-profit solicitations, and fraudulent callers were flagged and blocked for my review.
I have the ability to report any unwanted callers & phone numbers, as well as blocking them. What really makes this app a awesome is that it tracks reports from users who report a specific number and builds a database of reported/unwanted phone numbers to then protect other users of this app!
You retain complete control over who you call, who you block. Now, when my phone rings, it’s only a known contact. I’ve had this app for over a month, and it has blocked over 100 calls from suspicious/fraudulent numbers.
Give this app a try - you’ve got nothing to lose and there’s no cost!
I could not be happier with this app, I wish I had downloaded it sooner! Nice Job AT&T!
We're so happy that you like the service and sincerely appreciate your feedback.
- AT&T Services, Inc.
- 31.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©2018 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T and Globe logo are registered trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
- In-App Purchases
- AT&T Call Protect $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.