AT&T Digital Life
By AT&T Services, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AT&T Digital Life works with Apple Watch!
Stay connected and in control. This app lets AT&T Digital Life customers view and control their Digital Life system while on the go. An active Digital Life account is required.
What's New in Version 3.1701.1
General bug fixes.
Can't wait for my contract to be up!
More issues! I called customer support and found out that AT&T pushed out a critical update and, as usual it has screwed up everything! The app isn't working at all (this is nothing new). I tried to turn on my lights and the app just kept timing out and my ligts didn't go on. Then, about 5 min later without me doing anything they all came on. Really! I had better luck with timers on my lights and they're a fraction of the cost of your smart switches. Further, my key pad has been flashing ERR: Alarm not sent to AT&T, all day. My cameras still aren't streaming right (about 50/50). This has been going on for over a month! I'm an engineer with an extensive background in IT and this should not be brain surgery if you know what you're doing! I can't wait until my contract is up so I can go with another security company! I'd do it now but AT&T wants a small fortune for early termination. Apparently they'd rather take advantage of their customers then do the right thing and allow unhappy customers to get rid of their service without a fee.
This is so frustrating to me! It seems like it keeps getting worse and worse. Whenever you want to check the camera feed it just acts like its going to load and then, times itself out. So I go to my desktop and try it that way. It doesn't update with the current video and I'm just staring at a black screen. No image. Nothing. There's a new dumb trick it's doing now....you lock the door with the app and it tells me it's unlocked. I arm the system and it says disarmed. When the door is actually unlocked the app will say that it's locked. Same goes if the system is actually disarmed it says it's armed. When we move and all our equipment stays with the house, I will gladly pay a "fee" to get rid of this crap and not get equipment installed in the new house. If you want a security system I'm assuming you want one that is accurate when you want it to be and more importantly when you need it to be. This AT&T nonsense is definitely not it. Money well wasted!
April 28, 2017 - After surviving another AT&T confirmed nationwide app outage this week, we canceled our service. Lessons learned:
1. The Digital Life app is unreliable.
2. AT&T does not own up to their products and services.
3. AT&T won't stand behind their customers but they will stand behind their contract, meaning they are charging me to leave the service that does not work while having to pay over $250 to do so.
4. Multiple AT&T service reps told me the app was "complimentary" and therefore I was not entitled to a bill credit even though they understood my frustration of paying for something I do not get.
5. When the app quits working, you will be left to figure that out as AT&T does not notify customers of service outages. I know this from multiple app outages over the past 16 months.
6. AT&T lost my respect and my trust. They need to get out of the security business as they don't know how to build or maintain an app that works. The low reviews by others echo this.
Save yourself the heartache and find another provider. I did.
AT&T should learn from other brands, like United, who fail their customers miserably.
In this case obtaining freedom from Digital Life came with a hefty price charged to me. Ironically I was happy to pay for my chance to get away from a company who can't own up to their product and service shortcomings.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Feb 07, 2017
- Version: 3.1701.1
- Size: 85.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: AT&T Services, Inc.
- © 2017 AT&T Intellectual Property Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.