AT&T Mark the Spot
By AT&T Services, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AT&T Mark the Spot is an application that allows AT&T to collect information on its customers network experiences and the performance of their devices and provide updates on enhancements to the AT&T network, addressing users Mark the Spot submissions
- Simplicity of operation
- Submit a report of call, data, or SMS problems
- Push notification support - Receive updates on network enhancements from AT&T for issues that customer has submitted (when these news items become available)
- Submit a real time report capturing local GPS coordinates at time and place of event, or
- Submit a report after the fact when a customer is not at the place where the event occurred
- Submit optional additional comments about an event
- View nearby and user searchable AT&T Wi-Fi locations, including driving directions
- Sign up to receive news on upcoming and completed network updates related to submitted Mark the Spot reports (when these news items become available)
AT&T is committed to providing its customers with the best network experience possible.
To view the End User License Agreement for AT&T Mark the Spot click here: www.wireless.att.com/learn/articles-resources/wireless-legal-features.jsp
What's New in Version 5.0
Now supporting iOS 7
• Even more updates to reported spots- Get notified sooner about enhancements and site build outs to address your problem spots
• Enhanced Push Notifications – Please sign up for Push Notifications at startup or find how to in the help (i) section
• Auto Caching- Bad network connection? Mark the Spot will cache the submission. Please restart the application in Wi-Fi or with good network connection to auto submit your incident report.
• Enhanced surveys and feedback – Get invited to new surveys and feedback
AT&T strives to provide you the best experience. Your feedback and submissions through this application help us address areas most important to you.
AT&T just added all of us as employees
Many update later..
1.) It would be nice if cell tower locations where added to the map when reporting issues (if nothing more than to see your closest tower).
Sadly, I too have never seen an improvement in coverage.
Update on version 3.0. Better, but would like the ability to view cell tower location when reporting and issue if only to help identify areas of problems that could be useful in notes.
Updated request to AT&T, it would be nice if the map could show you tower locations so you could use that in your feedback or if your having trouble with a specific tower.
Finally, a way to actually report issues. I could never figure out how to tell AT&T my inbuilding coverage was poor, but can walk outside and it's great. I wish the option for "weak signal" was an option besides "no coverage." It would also be nice if you could actually see the location of the ATT cell towers (to help just figure out what might be causing the issue--building, etc).
The only bug I have found as that "current location" seems not to actually be correct. I always have to drag to find and mark. Current location always works via map (iphone version), so it must be in the way mark the spot figures out where you are.
Placebo -- still ... and massively frustrating to use
27 Feb update: I desperately want to use this app, because AT&T service is so spotty. I don't know which is worse, enduring AT&T's spotty service or trying to use this app, extremely slow and buggy when you open it, and still feels very much like a placebo. Please still the app or make it (a) usable and (b) effective,
Update: how many months later and a) no improvement noticeable from reports submitted and b) the app is insanely frustrating to use...virtually always when you open the app there's a 15-30 second delay before the app will respond to any input, appears frozen. Then when you try to submit it also freezes -- then gives you a 'warning' that you've submitted 20 reports in the last hour when (as far as I can tell) I haven't successfully submitted one!!!
No evidence using this ap has ANY bearing on AT&T's service. They are apparently content to frustrate their iPhone customers and drive them to Verizon.
Slow and buggy new release
Update: I have downgraded my review from 2 stars to 1 star because no bugs have been fixed since the last "update". App performance is terrible on the "4G" network(app freezes constantly), but runs fine on wifi. Also the News feeds error out a lot.
When I am on the "4G" network, all the buttons at the bottom lag and freeze, the refresh button didn't refresh the Network News,but when I connected to wifi, it came up just fine. 4-1/2 bars of "4G" service here.
It locked up when I clicked the Feedback button to file a bug report, so they get a 2-star review on the App Store.
App looks nice, but doesn't work.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 09, 2013
- Version: 5.0
- Size: 2.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AT&T Services, Inc.
- © 2012 AT&T Intellectual Property, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.