AT&T Mark the Spot
By AT&T Services, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AT&T Mark the Spot is an application that allows AT&T to collect information on its customers network experiences and the performance of their devices and provide updates on enhancements to the AT&T network, addressing users Mark the Spot submissions
- Simplicity of operation
- Submit a report of call, data, or SMS problems
- Push notification support - Receive updates on network enhancements from AT&T for issues that customer has submitted (when these news items become available)
- Submit a real time report capturing local GPS coordinates at time and place of event, or
- Submit a report after the fact when a customer is not at the place where the event occurred
- Submit optional additional comments about an event
- View nearby and user searchable AT&T Wi-Fi locations, including driving directions
- Sign up to receive news on upcoming and completed network updates related to submitted Mark the Spot reports (when these news items become available)
AT&T is committed to providing its customers with the best network experience possible.
To view the End User License Agreement for AT&T Mark the Spot click here: www.wireless.att.com/learn/articles-resources/wireless-legal-features.jsp
What's New in Version 6.0.3
Improved feedback mechanism; we can respond to your concerns better
tl;dr version: This is a hideous, outdated web app wrapper.
Let's face it, not every carrier is perfect. To help combat coverage issues, AT&T released this app to simplify reporting connection issues, which is much appreciated. Reporting issues is a cinch— you just fill out a short form, and optionally include a diagnostic report. However, this app is inexplicably web-based and hideous. The Wi-Fi hotspot finder displays a map, but ends up refocusing on your location— forget trying to use it to find a hotspot in an area you're going to visit. There are gradients on every button, and they're pretty harsh. The tips provided are a nice touch, but outdated. (Enable 3G for faster speeds? Really?) Clearly, this app hasn't actually received any attention for the past few years.
Beware, it is a bit buggy but normally I can get it to work. Some of the screenshots under TIPS look quite out of date. For being a technology company (AT&T) this is surprising.
Also, I see a lot of red pins, it says items have been cached and will be reported when there's coverage. Now, I'm home, on Wifi. There's coverage but still it says they're cached. Seems like it's a bug. Makes me wonder did you get my submissions or not?
Overall, app really works. I reported a few issues and they really added coverage after several months. Really works.
Don't think this works.
My service from AT&T has been going downhill for months (dropped calls, no coverage, et cetera). Finally called them and their solution was for me to use this app to report problems instead of actually doing anything for me :/ As stated in some of the other reviews it does not feel like this is actually reporting anything. It caches the reports but they have been there for days. I cannot get them to submit when I do have service (which is infrequently) so I feel like trying to make these reports is not of any use. Funny a tech company cannot get their app to work properly.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 04, 2016
- Version: 6.0.3
- Size: 4.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AT&T Services, Inc.
- © 2012 AT&T Intellectual Property, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.