Take your family’s safety to the next level. Know where your kids are, control their screen time and manage what they access online.
AT&T Secure Family delivers parents peace of mind:
• Location Tracking + – Track a family member on an interactive map.
• Arrival/Departure Alerts* – Receive an alert when your child enters or leaves a location (home, school, etc.)
• Pause Internet* – Limit Online distractions (time for homework, time for bed).
• Filter & Block Content* – Filter or block Apps and Online content based on age appropriate settings.
• App Purchase Block* – Block your child’s ability to make App purchases.
AT&T Secure Family is free for the first 30 days. After the first 30 days, you will be billed $7.99 each month (includes up to 10 lines). Service auto renews every 30 days unless cancelled.
Easy Setup and Pairing for Parents:
*Parental Controls feature requires pairing with AT&T Secure Family Companion , a free app++ that can be downloaded to the child’s device.
+ Network based location via cell tower triangulation, location schedule alerts and location history do not require the installation of a Secure Family Companion App on the child’s device.
++ AT&T Secure Family Companion can be found in the App Store and only works with the purchase of AT&T Secure Family which is $7.99/month.
Other important information about AT&T Secure Family:
• After first 30 days, $7.99/mo. will be charged to your iTunes account. Subscription will automatically renew each month unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current month’s billing period.
• To view, modify or cancel your subscription, go to account settings in iTunes. No cancellation of the current month’s subscription is allowed. No refunds or credits for partial subscriptions terms. App requires iOS v. 10 or higher
• AT&T Secure Family Companion is not compatible with AT&T Mobile Security Plus. If you wish to continue with the purchase, you must either remove AT&T Mobile Security Plus from your iTunes account or downgrade to AT&T Mobile Security Basic before adding AT&T Secure Family Companion to your child’s device. To cancel your subscription, go to account settings in iTunes. No cancellation of the current month’s subscription is allowed. No refunds or credits for partial subscriptions terms.
• This service is available to AT&T postpaid wireless customers. Secure Family and Companion app users must be on the same account. Only authorized app users have permission to locate a family member.
• Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
Map and Location improvements, Save a Place without a Companion, Accessibility improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I have had it for a few months now, and there are things I like and things that need improvement. I like that I can block the internet completely and the location features, but I liked the features I had with the old program where you could be notified of their calls and texts and block all but certain numbers for outgoing calls and sending or receiving texts. You could also block cellular data, which prevented the sending and receiving of photos. I just had to take my sixth grader’s phone away because she had 3,087 texts last month (when she isn’t supposed to be calling or texting anyone but family) and a shirtless selfie on her phone that the boy she likes sent her. 😳 I get a lot of notifications that the app isn’t working correctly on one of their phones, but when I check to see if it needs to be paired with mine again, it says it is working. The location notifications can’t tell the difference between our house and the school, which is on the next block, so even when our child is at home and hasn’t moved, it is constantly notifying me that she left or arrived at school. Keeping it for now, but I need to figure something else out before I give my sixth grader’s phone back. She may just need a flip phone. 🙄
I have never seen such a failed attempt to secure my child’s phone. The app does not address blocking contacts or iMessaging just to name a few issues. The app is constantly “broken” and I am prompted to “fix” the broken paired connection. This leads to the main problem with the app. If my child or her phone is not with me, I must depend on her to click the text message from the app in order to repair the connection to my parental version of the app. What a wonderful idea it is to let children decide if they want to have their phone monitored or controlled by their parent....just plain ridiculous. The companion app can also be deleted on my daughter’s device whenever she decides to do it. Lastly, the idea of monitoring a child’s device should be discreet and the kids should never have to know or see that a “companion app” is installed on their device. I sure hope AT&T and Apple will step it up to make some responsible changes in the methods they offer parents to ensure the safety of their children. Even older teenagers need direction and supervision when it comes to technology. There is nothing positive at all I can say about this app. I will be canceling prior to the next billing cycle. I am only rating his app with one star because I have to select a star in order to submit he review. I would give it a zero if the option were available.
Worst app ever!!!
I finally had my teens phone safe thru Apple’s security and smart limits. I was able to block numbers and know who my teen was talking to. Now I am forced to change to secure family from smart limits and I never received a text about changing the app, it just stopped working. I spent hours on the phone with many AT&T reps trying to get a straight answer about whether or not we could block numbers from my teen’s phone. They told me to download an app to block numbers I did that, but found out my teen can unblock the people I block so that was a waste of time. Then on another call the AT&T rep told me they were going to add the blocking feature this week to the app. Well that hasn’t happened. This new app does nothing different than the iPhone. I need the features of smart limits. I have also had issues with keeping the phones paired, I’m not sure if my teen can unpair the phone or not, but at this time I can’t even pair them. Although doesn’t matter because the iPhone does everything this new app does. Does anyone know if any of the other phone carriers have better parental controls because this is a deal breaker for me. Also I talked with 2 more reps and they were going to block a number from my teens phone. Well guess what, that never happened. This has been very frustrating!!!
- AT&T Services, Inc.
- 201.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 AT&T Intellectual Property Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- AT&T Secure Family™ $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.