By AT&T Services, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enhance your entertainment experience with the free U-verse app for your iPad. Watch Live TV and On Demand shows, manage your DVR, and use the app as a remote control. You'll also get a free subscription to UGUIDE Magazine—your go-to source for entertainment and all things U-verse.
ON THE GO - The U-verse app keeps you connected to your entertainment:
• Watch Live TV – right on your iPad!
• Watch thousands of popular shows and movies On Demand
• Get interactive stories, interviews, trailers and info on the latest U-verse features with the UGUIDE Magazine for iPad
• Browse the TV guide & manage your DVR
AT HOME - Link your iPad to your TV for a whole new viewing experience:
• Watch even more Live TV channels live when connected to your home network
• Choose which of your receivers you want to control, then pause and rewind live TV or recorded shows
• Learn more about the show you’re watching—get cast listings and see photos
Requires qualifying device, U-family or higher TV plan and Wi-Fi or data connection. Content may vary by device, TV plan, and viewing location. Quality of picture varies by device and data connection. Data charges may apply.
What's New in Version 3.1
The U-verse app has been updated with the following features:
• Added more Live TV channels (Disney, Disney XD, and Disney Junior) that can be watched on your iPad.
• Added contextual help screens. Tap the help ( ? ) button on key screens to learn more.
• Added ability to watch shows on your iPad by double-tapping them on the Home screen.
• Fixed bugs and made other usability adjustments.
If you enjoy the U-verse app, please leave a rating in the App Store.
I got UVerse because I was unhappy with my quirky Dish provider with the glitchiest receiver ever. Their iOS app is ok, but can also kill the receiver and make it reset. So I thought this would be better. But the UVerse app is WORSE than Dish. This is what it does not do well:
Some of the dialogs disappear on you before you have a chance to interact with them.
The live streams cannot be rewound, advanced or anything. We are back to the 20th century with this where if you missed something, you missed it! You cannot back it up.
It is very difficult to find what you want on demand. The menus are sparse and hard to filter.
And after a few tries, the app practically crashed my iPad.
The quality of HD streams is very poor on the iPad. Lots of block ones and hiccups.
I don't think I will keep UVerse. I will have to put up with Dish.
Solid, but needs improvement
There are great features in this app that no other entertainment app has. Is it worth the download? YES. I use this app on both my iPhone and iPad, daily. I actually prefer to use this app instead of my remote. It's great for recording shows on the go; changing the channels is instant; and it's nice to watch certain tv channels away from home.
With that being said, the scrolling in this app is very jerky and not smooth. I don't know what API they're using, but it definitely needs to be updated. They also needs a way to change to a channels quicker, by just maybe pressing and holding the show or channel. Lastly, on iPad, the ondemand menu needs a revamp. The carrousel design that it uses is just bad.
OVERALL, this app is great! I use it everyday/ all day!
What's the problem -.-!!
The problem is that I try to watch love tv with the channels that are available to watch on the app, and I do that regularly! When I started using the app I fell in love with it, easy to use, could see the available channel and could access things on tv without having to touch my remote :) but then the app kept having problems, now when I try to watch some tv through the app I can't see them because I have to keep pressing play every 5 secs to watch the show! Then it started to say that I have to un stream a video from before and when I ask for tech help no one knows what it means!! So I have to sometimes wait days in order to watch something so the message will clear up! It's hard to believe that a company who is stealing my money because I don't all the stuff I signed up for at times is to focused on gathering there money than trying to help satisfy their customers!!!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 11, 2013
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 53.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AT&T Services, Inc.
- © 2013 AT&T Intellectual Property, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.