Athla Velocity: Hands-Free Speed Radar for Baseball, Softball, Tennis, Soccer, Cricket (Ultimate Version)
By Athla LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AS SEEN IN
• TechCrunch Disrupt Startup Battlefield Top 26 Finalist from over 700 companies
• Davey Awards “Gold Award for Sports & Recreation"
• Inc. Magazine “How to Build a Killer Mobile App”
• Mashable.com “5 Can’t Miss Apps"
• CNN "Turns Phones into Coaches"
• Tabby Awards - Finalist for Best Sports App
See live videos of use at www.Athla.com
Velocity Ultimate: Own four speed radars for one price.
Introducing Velocity by Athla - the world’s first, truly hands-free, professional grade speed radar app for sports.
Just place your device, play, and speeds appear. Two years of research and development has made Velocity into the equivalent of a $1,200 sports performance radar that is accurate to within +/- 0.7 mph of the Stalker Pro II is used by over 30 professional teams.
Velocity is only possible today because of the incredibly increasing hardware power in Apple’s latest devices.
COMPLETELY HANDS FREE
• Just place your iPhone or iPad about 20 feet away and 20 feet to the side and simply kick, pitch or serve in-line and in-view of your device.
• The speed of your baseball pitch, soccer kick, cricket bowl, or tennis serve appears on the surface of your device.
• Velocity uses only the camera in your device.
• Use Velocity on a field, rink or court, or simply in a backyard at home.
HIGH TECH PERFORMANCE
• Velocity calibrates to within +/- 0.7 mph of the Stalker II Pro ® , a $1,200 speed radar used by over 30 professional teams.
• Accuracy is higher than Doppler radars on balls with vertical trajectories.
• See athla.com/blog for calibration details and more
DISCOVER AND TRACK YOUR INNER ATHLETE
• Five sports available now: Baseball, Softball, Tennis, Cricket and Soccer
• Discover the speed of your pitches, serves, and kicks
• Over 500,000 data points are trackable. Track your improving speeds across coaching sessions, the sports season, or across several years.
• Share speeds with coaches to show what you have achieved.
• Compare your pitch, serve and kick speeds to friends across the season.
• Discover unrealized talent in yourself and others.
• Coaches can track the speeds of an entire team and discover unrecognized improvement.
• Geotag locations to unlock message boards. Find friends in your local neighborhood. No one ever has to practice alone.
BRING THE STADIUM HOME
• Mirror your speeds on up to seven other devices
• Bring the stadium experience home to your own community.
• Audiences can see the speeds as players practice or play similar to professional games.
• Add Bluetooth connected speakers, turn on “Voice Announce”, and Velocity will speak the speeds to the team or an audience.
• Optimized for outdoor use only.
• Use Apple’s latest hardware for best performance.
• Maximum speeds detected of 110 mph on iPad Air, iPad 4th Gen, iPad 3rd Gen, iPad Mini 2nd Gen, and iPhone 5s.
• Maximum 100 mph for iPhone 5 and 5c.
• Maximum 40 mph for iPhone 4S and iPod Touch 5th Gen.
• Apple's iPad Air gives the best performance due to the built-in motion stabilization in its video camera.
Velocity by Athla - Achieve the Game You Remember for a Lifetime
What's New in Version 1.2
Bug fixes and improved compatibility with the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus.
Great app! Easy and awesome!
My friend set it up at Golden Gate Park with the Varsity Boys Gateway High School Baseball team. They threw pitches for over half an hour and it picked up virtually every one. Ten kids lined up to test their throws and then kept getting back in line. Most kids threw in the 50s. The pitcher threw as high as 69mph. Even a girl from the stands came down and threw in the 40s. Then one kid on the team, who wasn't even a pitcher, threw a 78 mph ball. The kids gasped and thought it was a mistake - but then he threw them again and again. He had no idea he had such a great arm. The pitcher said, "you should try out! We need more pitchers!" The team was second in the league at the time. It makes you wonder how many other kids out there have hidden talent and don't even realize it! Not sure why the other reviewer had a problem. Just be sure no one moves during the pitch if they are standing in view of the device. At 10x cheaper than the least expensive radar out there - this is a great app!
My previous review still is true for the new version. I just used this app at my son's group tennis lesson. It was a huge hit!! We were able to set it up with no trouble and even used the game link to yell out scores to students. Within five minutes of setting up I had ten teenager in line waiting for their turn! Many of them clocked in at well over 80 mph, one even made it to 101 mph. Wondering if other user didn't have the angle set properly. The app read the speed as fast as we could hit the balls and students all commented that the reading were very similar to readings they've had before.
I wish I had this when I was growing up!! This app is well worth the cost! Every time I use it there is a crowd of people wanting to try it. You just have to make sure you set it up properly and then you will be hooked! After one private lesson with this app my son's personal best got better!!
Thank you Athla!!
Doesn't work- only freezes on my iPhone 5 with IOS 8
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Dec 01, 2014
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 88.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Athla LLC
- © 2014 Athla LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.