Atlas by Collins™
By HarperCollins Publishers Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
New UNESCO Memory of the World and World Heritage globes available to download through in-app purchase.
Free Communications globe available by download with additional globes available to buy through in-app store.
See the world in context with Atlas by Collins™ through nine themed globes. The latest update includes a store function, allowing you to download new globes and remove others. If you already own the app you will be able to reclaim your current globes once the update is downloaded. If you have any problems, please email email@example.com.
We advise a good Wi-Fi connection when downloading additional globes. This app makes use of the latest Apple technology and is available for iPad 2 and above, and iPhone 4 and above only. Please note it is NOT suitable for iPod Touch, iPad 1 or iPhone 3Gs and below. If you have any questions please see the list of FAQs on www.atlasbycollins.com, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current globes available:
• NEW • UNESCO Memory of the World – Documents, arts and people that have shaped humanity.
• NEW • UNESCO World Heritage – View some of the most breathtaking places on Earth.
• Development – Demographic statistics and context from the World Bank
• Economy – Global economic statistics and context from the World Bank
• Satellite map
• Physical maps – Physical features such as oceans, mountains and deserts
• Political maps – Current states and territories, political and economic alliances, and historical maps showing the effects of exploration, colonialism and conflict
• Environment – The impact of human life on the natural world, and how countries compare on environmental issues such as pollution and forest loss
• Population – Statistics about the people who inhabit the world, including population trends, migration, and birth and death rates
• Communications – How technology connects the world, including mobile coverage, Internet usage and number of telephone lines
• Energy – The distribution of energy resources, and patterns in energy production and consumption
With Atlas by Collins™ you can:
• Explore colour-coded world maps showing up-to-date information on topics from mobile phone coverage to energy resources and economic development around the world
• Share interesting maps and information via social media or email
•View mapping offline down to 1:3,000,000 scale
• Zoom-in on any location down to street level when online through your in-device map app
• Research in-depth country profiles for every nation on Earth
• Discover over 200,000 cities, towns and major natural landmarks instantly through search, even when offline
• Keep up-to-date with new data releases so you’re always in the know about changes to our world
• Switch seamlessly between iPhone and iPad without losing your place
Selected as one of the 20 Best iOS Apps Of 2012 by Techcrunch.
“It’s this kind of app that one suspects the Retina display on the new iOS devices was built for.”
The Next Web
“I wish this was around when I was in school.”
“Fun, easy to use, constantly updated, always there when you need it, and with the most important information about the environment at your fingertips”
The app is produced by Collins – publishers of the Collins Atlas range and the authoritative Times Atlas of the World, and one of the most respected cartographic teams on the planet – in partnership with the Other Media, developers of the best-selling Wonders of the Universe app.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
• Updated gazetteer.
Email addresses given keep bouncing ...
The contact email addresses given keep bouncing. There is no way to contact this developer. Poor customer service.
Additional globes disappear after restore, unlike every other app I have which restore all of their content. Globes take forever to download even on 14Mbps WiFi connection.
terribly slow on iPhone 4
If it was usable, it would be a nice resource, but it’s counting on the latest processor to work. I can move the globe once. Where it stops, it pretty much freezes until the phone can catch up. I’m on WIFI, by the way. If you have an iPhone 4s or 5 you may have better performance, but on a 4, it’s apparently too demanding to function.
Nice, but slow.
Decent app idea, but the add-on globes are really the only useful thing and they, of course, cost more. Also the app is dreadfully slow, even when connected to a LAN via wifi.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Sep 23, 2013
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 651 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Harper Collins Publishers Limited
- © HarperCollins Publishers Limited 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad mini with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- World Heritage$1.99
- Memory of the World$1.99