More than 2,400 full-color photographs help clinicians visually diagnose the conditions and diseases most often encountered in clinical practice.
The 3rd edition of The Color Atlas and Synopsis of Family Medicine covers the full scope of family medicine, with more than 2,400 full-color photographs depicting classic and unusual appearances of common diseases most often seen in daily clinical practice. This unique atlas is organized by the way patients present, so it is perfect for the busy clinician.
The superb collection of clinical images is supported by concise, evidence-based treatment recommendations presented in convenient, easy-to-apply bulleted text. Each chapter begins with a story that ties the photographs to real-life patients. Coverage for each condition includes: Patient Story, Epidemiology, Etiology and Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Differential Diagnosis, and Management.
• Includes pediatric and adult conditions
• Insightful legends with each photograph provide diagnostic pearls to enhance your clinical observational skills
• Special sections on women's health, physical/sexual abuse, and substance abuse
Essential to family physicians and all healthcare providers involved in primary care, The Color Atlas and Synopsis of Family Medicine, will also prove valuable to medical students, residents, internists, pediatricians, and dermatologists.
This new edition has:
• New chapters on Mental Health, the Opioid Crisis, Dementia, Sports-related Head Injury, and LGBT health issues
• New chapter on Zika, Ebola, and Other Emerging Infections supplement the insights in the Global Health chapter.
• New Foundations of Dermatology section containing new chapters on dermoscopy, dermatology terminology, topical and intralesional steroids, and biopsy principles and techniques
• Management section is now divided into first- and second-line therapies
• New appendix on “Chronic Pain” to help manage this ubiquitous problem.
No Internet connection needed to view the app after it has been downloaded. It is all ready for quick image and information retrieval. This app is optimized for whatever size device you are using, either phone or tablet.
This app is easy to navigate, allowing you to browse the contents or search for topics. The search tool shows you suggestions that appear in the text as you type so it is quick and helps with spelling medical terms. It also remembers past search terms so you can go back to a topic or image very easily. You can also create notes and bookmarks separately for chapters, images and tables to enhance your learning. You can also change the text size for easier reading.
Check out www.usatinemedia.com to learn more and watch a video demo of this app.
This interactive app is based on the full content of The Color Atlas and Synopsis of Family Medicine, 3rd Edition by McGraw-Hill Education.
Richard P. Usatine, MD
Mindy A. Smith, MD, MS
E.J. Mayeaux, Jr., MD
Heidi S. Chumley, MD, MBA
Disclaimer: This app is intended for the education of healthcare professionals and not as a diagnostic and treatment reference for the general population.
Developed by Usatine Media, LLC
Richard P. Usatine, MD, Co-President, Professor of Family & Community Medicine, Professor of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
Peter Erickson, Co-President, Lead Software Developer
Updated text and images
- Usatine Media LLC
- 632.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Usatine Media
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.