Atomic Clock (Gorgy Timing)
By CompuLab, Markus Gömmel
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This tool shows you the ultimate precise time of day. To achieve this, it uses a special internet time protocol to fetch the time from an atomic time server.
We are proud to offer version 4 of the Gorgy Timing Atomic Clock. The program is one of the classic applications since the early days of the Apple App Store and has been continually improved based on user feedback.
The Gorgy Timing Atomic Clock shows the precise time of day. To achieve this, it uses a special internet time protocol to fetch the ultimate precise time from cesium atomic clocks available on the internet, or any other time server you like.
The graphical display mimics the clock display of the legendary Gorgy Timing clocks, which are used in professional radio and television studios, and we spent much effort to bring the original feeling of these wickedly expensive clocks to your iPhone.
Version 4 contains the following functions:
* Universal support for all iPhone, iPod touch and iPad devices running iOS 8 or higher (including iPhone 7, iPhone 7 plus)
* Full support for iOS 10, including full 64 bit support
* Alarm function with snooze (touch anywhere on the screen) and 24h alarm off function
* Alarm notification window instead of normal alarm sound, if app is not running or in the background
* Use playlists or a manual picker selection from your own music library as alarm sounds
* The alarm sound is also playing when the device is muted, or the display is switched off, and also works in AirPlay environments
* Customizable time server sources
* Colors: green, red, blue, yellow, white, hidden, with a separate color option for digits, seconds and segments
* Alternative visual display of fractional seconds (1/60th sec. resolution)
* 12/24 hours display
* Optional second tick sound
* Orientation can be changed to landscape mode
* Touching the display lets the buttons and status bar fade out
* Touching the display again will add the current date (in all orientations)
* Disabled screen auto-lock
* Options "sync at startup", "hourly", "daily", or a sync button for manual syncing
* The last known time delta is used when started without sync
* "Night mode", which dims the display using a slider, shows the seconds with only one dot (to prevent a hard brightness switch between second 59 and second 0), switches off the tick sound, and reduces screen updates to save battery
Answers to common questions:
* An application can not set your device's system time, so a time sync between the atomic time and the device time is not possible.
* If you want to wakeup with music, please do not exit the app before going to sleep (which would result in a local notification dialog without music in the morning), but let it run with the display switched off. This application's music alarm, and this is not common, will still work when you switched off the display, even in battery mode. But be aware that running an application all the time, even without display, consumes battery, so please make sure that your iPhone is fully charged before you go to bed, or even better, connect it to your charger.
What's New in Version 4.70
Can you believe, that this is the 35th update of the Atomic Clock app since it started with V1.00?
Here are the changes:
* full support for iOS 10
* native support for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
* native support for iPad Pro (resolution, options dialog dimensions)
* long press gesture to toggle night mode now needs a 3 seconds press (previously 2 seconds)
* some users told me that they loved the older more analog dots more than the latest ones, so I added an option (LED style digital/analog)
* requires iOS 8 or higher to run
Like what we am doing? Please give us a five star rating, or even better, write a nice review to show your love! We'd really appreciate it.
No more New Year Fireworks, please!
While you thought your fireworks were a great surprise, we didn't when it scared the daylights out of us while we were sleeping! Not everyone stays up until midnight! My phone volume was up and this made for a very rude awakening! Other than that, this is a great app to use as a bedside clock.
Still my "go to" app for time
After years of use, its simple, elegant interface and perfect performance keeps Atomic Clock on my Home screen, which says more than anything else I could write.
The app is easy to use, reliable and exactly what I was hoping for in an atomic clock app. I've had this app for years and I've always been satisfied. This most recent update confirms the quality of this app.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 21, 2016
- Version: 4.70
- Size: 10.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Spanish
- Seller: CompuLab
- © 2008-2017, CompuLab
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.