This tool shows you the ultimate precise time of day. To achieve this, it uses a special internet time protocol to fetch the time from an atomic time server.
We are proud to offer version 5 of the Gorgy Timing Atomic Clock. The program is one of the classic applications since the early days of the Apple App Store and has been continually improved based on user feedback.
The Gorgy Timing Atomic Clock shows the precise time of day. To achieve this, it uses a special internet time protocol to fetch the ultimate precise time from cesium atomic clocks available on the internet, or any other time server you like.
The graphical display mimics the clock display of the legendary Gorgy Timing clocks, which are used in professional radio and television studios, and we spent much effort to bring the original feeling of these wickedly expensive clocks to your iPhone. This app is used by BBC studios, astronomers, concert promoters, etc.
Version 5 contains the following functions:
* Universal support for all iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices running iOS 8 or higher (including iPhone X, XS, XS Max)
* Optimized for iOS 12, full 64 bit support
* Alarm function with snooze (touch anywhere on the screen), volume fade-in, based on weekdays
* Alarm time based on seconds (not minutes)
* Alarm notification window instead of normal alarm sound, if app is not running or in the background
* Use playlists or a manual picker selection from your own music library as alarm sounds
* The alarm sound is also playing when the device is muted, or the display is switched off, and also works in AirPlay environments
* Customizable time server sources
* Colors: green, red, blue, yellow, white, hidden, with a separate color option for digits, seconds and segments
* Alternative visual display of fractional seconds (1/60th sec. resolution)
* 12/24 hours display
* Optional second tick sound
* Full landscape support (including settings dialog)
* Touching the display lets the buttons and status bar fade out
* Touching the display again will add the current date (in all orientations)
* Disabled screen auto-lock
* Options "sync at startup", "hourly", "daily", or a sync button for manual syncing
* The last known time delta is used when started without sync
* "Night mode", which dims the display using a slider, shows the seconds with only one dot (to prevent a hard brightness switch between second 59 and second 0), switches off the tick sound, and reduces screen updates to save battery
* To minimize burn-in effects (especially on the iPhone X OLED display), the clock is doing micro movements when running longer than 5 minutes
* VoiceOver support
Answers to common questions:
* An application can not set your device's system time, so a time sync between the atomic time and the device time is not possible.
* If you want to wakeup with music, please do not exit the app before going to sleep (which would result in a local notification dialog without music in the morning), but let it run with the display switched off. This application's music alarm, and this is not common, will still work when you switched off the display, even in battery mode. But be aware that running an application all the time, even without display, consumes battery, so please make sure that your iPhone is fully charged before you go to bed, or even better, connect it to your charger.
* Support for iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max
* Support for Apple Watch Series 4
* Optimized for iOS 12 and watchOS 5
* Requires iOS 8 or higher, and watchOS 4 or higher to run
Ratings and Reviews
GREAT App From REAL Developers
To add to my original review, I really appreciate the constant updates of this app. It really shows the way "real" developers work and stand by their products. These guys (gals?) are NOT the stereotypical "hit and run" app developers.
It takes REAL INTEGRITY to stand by an app from pretty much the start of the App Store (and we need all the integrity we can get these days, no matter where it comes from! ;-).
I'm not sure why, but the recently added "440 Hz" mode sounds particularly cool (or maybe familiar?) to me. Give it a try, but make sure you wait until the minute changes and you get the "alternate" tone.
The one and only atomic clock app that alarms to the second
I searched high and low for an audible alarm that was dead accurate to the second. None existed. I contacted the app developer and within a week he added this functionality to the existing app. As of the writing this is only only app out there with an alarm that can be set to the second. Yes there are countdown timers but these can not be set to alarm at a set time of day.
Beyond the alarm functionality, a beautiful clock as well.
Great app for WSPR timing
I use this app with it’s audible tick-tock to help set the timer on my WSPR beacon for Amateur Radio. I had a reason to contact the developers and they were super responsive. In iOS 11 the application uses the ringer volume to set the volume of the ticks. I had to go into Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Ringers and Alerts and enable the ‘Change with Buttons’ slider. Now I can hear it again on my iPhone 7 Plus after the update from iOS 10 to iOS 11.
- 11.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2018, CompuLab
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.