Attack of the Clockwork Army
By Hosted Games LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Win the Steam-Powered Fight for a Nation!
When the battle for Australia begins, will you join Her Majesty’s new clockwork army to keep Australia peacefully British once and for all—or will you cast your lot with a ragged crowd of ex-convicts?
Will you be a deadly fighter, or torn between the conflicting loyalties of those you love? Can you overcome your fatal flaw before it’s too late?
Are you ready to turn the tide of history? Play to find out!
• Enjoy a steampunk journey across drought-stricken Australia.
• Face half-mechanical beasts, bushrangers, and clockwork killers.
• Use your magical metals wisely.
• Protect or abandon those closest to you.
• Follow your scientific observations or your gut.
• Choose kindness or wittiness; contentment or passion.
• Overcome your fatal flaw and grow as a person—or it may get you killed.
• Develop your courage, happiness, and mechanical skills.
• Fight for Britain or Australia, or choose a healer’s path.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
• Fixed iPad stat screen bug.
Fascinating setting and eloquent writing
1) The unique steampunk Australian setting provided a nice change of pace from other Hosted Games which generally take place in America or a high fantasy realm. I enjoyed the whole magical metal thing!
2) The writing is very strong. The author vividly describes characters, locations and actions and maintains a consistent tone throughout the story.
3) The main character is not all-powerful! This raises the tension during the various action scenes.
I would have enjoyed more discussion and analysis of why our character should sympathize with the Brits or the colonists.
Overall, a very well-written and enjoyable read!
Interesting setting, very railroaded narrative
The setting for this story was very unique among Choice Games and created interesting conflicts between pro-British and Rebel characters. Unfortunately, these weren't played out particularly effectively once revealed.
Many of the choices seemed false, as if the author knew what they wanted to happen and forced it regardless of the player's choice in various scenarios. This left me feeling frustrated on several occasions and took me completely out of the story.
Can I get my money back?
What a loose and scatter brained read this is. The story it's self had potential. The poor character development, among other issues, as well as the execution the story and the readers choices was nothing less than a pointless time killing chore for this reader. Save your cash.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 17, 2015
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 65.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hosted Games LLC
- © 2015 Felicity Banks
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Chapters 3 through 9$1.99