LISTENING IS THE NEW READING
Welcome to Audible, an Amazon company. Home of the world’s largest selection of audiobooks, audio shows, and original series.
Hear A-list celebrities narrate their favorite stories, enjoy full-cast performances, discover Grammy® award-winning audiobooks, and more. Listen to your audiobooks anytime, anywhere—at home or on the go with our free app. Even if you switch devices, you'll never lose your place.
Download the Audible app free today.
WHAT’S TO LOVE
- Explore new releases, best-sellers, mysteries, sci-fi, romance, and memoirs – whatever your passion you're sure to find the perfect listen.
- Keep up to date on current trends, news, and events with Audible original audio shows and top stories from The New York Times, The Washington Post, and others.
- Whether you’re relaxing at home, commuting to work, at the gym, or just doing chores, there’s a story for every activity.
WHAT WE’RE LISTENING TO
- The 5 Second Rule by Mel Robbins
- IT by Stephen King
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
- I Can’t Make This Up by Kevin Hart
- Artemis by Andy Weir
EXPLORE FEATURES FOR THE AUDIOBOOK LISTENER
- Download your books to listen to offline.
- Automatically sync your audiobooks across all your devices.
- Customize your narration speed.
- Set a sleep timer for up to an hour, or until the next chapter.
- Seamlessly switch between listening to audiobooks and reading ebooks on your Amazon Kindle with Whispersync for Voice
AUDIBLE APP FOR APPLE WATCH
Now you can leave your phone at home and take your Audible books with you on Apple Watch.
Sync your Audible titles from your iPhone and play them from your Apple Watch via Bluetooth. Rewind, pause or set a sleep timer from your watch.
Experience the freedom of hands-free listening: stay active while listening to best selling audio books or hit the road, sit back and enjoy while commuting. Available on Apple Watch Series 1 or higher.
HERE’S HOW TO GET STARTED
1. Download the free Audible app
2. Sign in securely with your Amazon account
3. Choose any book to start listening. Your first book is free
WHAT OUR LISTENERS ARE SAYING
“I have felt every range of emotion while listening, getting so caught up that I’m actually ‘happy’ to hit traffic” – James C. Listener since 2010
“My son wouldn’t read. But he listened to book after book and loved them so much, he learned to read!” – Noelle C. Listener since 2006
“I find that audiobooks bring a story to life, and add a dimension to the characters that reading doesn’t always give me.” – Laura H. Listener since 2001
“After my daughter was born, I simply didn’t have time to curl up with a good book anymore. Audible gave that back to me.” Jay O. Listener since 2011
Download the free Audible audiobook player and start listening!
• We've heard you, and now when setting a sleep timer for the end of the chapter, the audio will no longer fade out over the beginning of the next chapter
• Fixed an issue where the narration speed would reset to 1x when switching to a different book
• Fixed a few crashes related to our integration with BMW ConnectedDrive
• The "Send this Book" prompt will now only appear for titles that can be shared
• Fixed a few other small crashes and bugs
We're constantly striving to make your Audible experience better. If you have feedback or face any issues, please reach out to us at audible.custhelp.com or on Twitter at @audible_com.
Ratings and Reviews
Apple Watch Edition still a bit iffy
Second Update: new version came out a month or so ago and two steps forward one step back. Watch app still horrible. Syncing a book can take an hour or more with the watch on the charger, but then it usually doesn’t really work and requires doing it over again for mother hour. Once the book is on the watch it will play to my AirPods for a while, but if I pause playback 75% of the time I can’t restart it without restarting my watch. Devs please check out Overcast for how syncing and playback should be done!
UPDATE: Still waiting for an update... Looks like the syncing issue is most pronounced overnight - each morning my watch is reset to the beginning of whatever book I have on it. Every night I go into Audible on my phone to make sure it brings my time up to where I am on my watch, so at least I know where to reset my watch for in the morning!
Got a Series 4 specifically to be able to listen to Audible, so really glad this came out - but currently it doesn’t stay synced with your phone, so you can’t listen to your phone in the car and switch to your watch when you get out - you have to skip ahead to where you were. Also if you listen on your watch for a while, but then stop for a period of time the watch resets to where your phone was, so you lose your place as well. So... when you stop listening to your watch check where you are, chapter and time left and either bring your phone up to that spot, or at least remember where you were!
Best most used app period
Audible is my main source of digital entertainment it sets the new standard for pure ease to use and wonderfully affordable content. The books permances are either at normal audiobook standards which are quite hi or immensely better like when they have Kenneth Branagh do heart of darkness and Frankenstein or an all ensemble cast for Dune. Bottom line is this is just wonderful. It also run on most modern devices and you can pause a book on one device and pick it up right where you left off on another. Truly this app and it’s cheap subscription to gain new content is wonderful the best part is even though you subscribe to gain new content through a credit that can be used on anything each month you keep all your content forever if you cancel the subscription. You can also by books al a cart for 10-45 bucks or buy 3 packs of credits occasionally for 30 which is the best deal because you will get 1 credit for ten bucks that can buy any book including a 45 dollar one. Therefore this service is just amazing an infinitely better than books on tape or cd which are either fragile or impossible to bookmark and cost in some cases 70-85 dollars. There is a 30 day free trial for this app so there is no sane reason to not go with it.
Despite what critics may say...
Now I know you’ve all heard the horrible horrible rumors circling around as of late about this here Audible App, I’m here to set the record straight. There is no master plan (I’m paid to say that) they’re not trying to trick you into downloading your app and then giving you serotonin in exchange for a few blinking lights. No, in fact they’re even going so far as to do you a massive favor in the form of letting you take those cute little books you love so much on the road with you! INFINITE SEROTONIN. Not that you couldn’t take a book on a road trip of course, I simply think I stand for all of us when I say: Please don’t try to read your book while swerving in and out of traffic. We, the living, would truly appreciate it. (I have to say that, people do some dumb stuff) Now thanks to this modern revelation in book science you can listen to people read you your books without the crippling anxiety caused by having an actual breathing human staring at a book and then back at you for countless hours. Isn’t that neat? Five stars? Why is it even an option to review this... it should just be common sense. Books are great. Instant, effortless books. Living in the future!~ 2019 boys. We made it.
- Audible, Inc.
- 89.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018. Audible, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.