LISTENING IS THE NEW READING
Welcome to Audible, an Amazon company. Home of the world’s largest selection of audiobooks, audio shows, and original series.
Hear A-list celebrities narrate their favorite stories, enjoy full-cast performances, discover Grammy® award-winning audiobooks, and more. Listen to your audiobooks anytime, anywhere—at home or on the go with our free app. Even if you switch devices, you'll never lose your place.
Download the Audible app free today.
WHAT’S TO LOVE
- Explore new releases, best-sellers, mysteries, sci-fi, romance, and memoirs – whatever your passion you're sure to find the perfect listen.
- Keep up to date on current trends, news, and events with Audible original audio shows and top stories from The New York Times, The Washington Post, and others.
- Whether you’re relaxing at home, commuting to work, at the gym, or just doing chores, there’s a story for every activity.
WHAT WE’RE LISTENING TO
- The 5 Second Rule by Mel Robbins
- IT by Stephen King
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
- I Can’t Make This Up by Kevin Hart
- Artemis by Andy Weir
EXPLORE FEATURES FOR THE AUDIOBOOK LISTENER
- Download your books to listen to offline.
- Automatically sync your audiobooks across all your devices.
- Customize your narration speed.
- Set a sleep timer for up to an hour, or until the next chapter.
- Seamlessly switch between listening to audiobooks and reading ebooks on your Amazon Kindle with Whispersync for Voice
AUDIBLE APP FOR APPLE WATCH
Now you can leave your phone at home and take your Audible books with you on Apple Watch.
Sync your Audible titles from your iPhone and play them from your Apple Watch via Bluetooth. Rewind, pause or set a sleep timer from your watch.
Experience the freedom of hands-free listening: stay active while listening to best selling audio books or hit the road, sit back and enjoy while commuting. Available on Apple Watch Series 1 or higher.
HERE’S HOW TO GET STARTED
1. Download the free Audible app
2. Sign in securely with your Amazon account
3. Choose any book to start listening. Your first book is free
WHAT OUR LISTENERS ARE SAYING
“I have felt every range of emotion while listening, getting so caught up that I’m actually ‘happy’ to hit traffic” – James C. Listener since 2010
“My son wouldn’t read. But he listened to book after book and loved them so much, he learned to read!” – Noelle C. Listener since 2006
“I find that audiobooks bring a story to life, and add a dimension to the characters that reading doesn’t always give me.” – Laura H. Listener since 2001
“After my daughter was born, I simply didn’t have time to curl up with a good book anymore. Audible gave that back to me.” Jay O. Listener since 2011
Download the free Audible audiobook player and start listening!
• Added the ability to set a custom length for the sleep timer
• The audio now fades out over a longer duration so that the sleep timer doesn't end so abruptly
• Fixed a couple localization issues with the Library tab
• Fixed a crash that was occurring for some Apple Watch Series 3 users
• Fixed a crash on launch that was affecting some users with multiple devices.
We're constantly striving to make your Audible experience better. If you have feedback or face any issues, please reach out to us at audible.custhelp.com or on Twitter at @audible_com.
Ratings and Reviews
I found my favorite books from childhood here and found a voice outside of my own to read the words I had once enjoyed so much inside my own head now inside my ear read to me and it gave me a since of childhood once again a sense of innocence that has long ago left me but some how found its way back to me if only for a hour here or there that I thought had long sense been lost....it gave me hope that even tho I had grown and now work 13 hour days to provide my kids with a life much better than my own growing up that on my long lonely drives I could once again find the boy that wanted nothing more to drift away into his imagination to escape the horror of his life with a stolen library book read under a stolen flash light hoping not to be caught still existed inside me...even tho now I have a beautiful wife two wonderful kids a house I owned and brand new cars in the drive way to once again have that fleeting moment of childhood freedom spring up inside me if only for a moment was such a wonderful thing....so in sort I think I love this app more than any on my phone or tv or Xbox for that matter and as I have only got 1 of the 50 books from my childhood I can only imagine how much my fondness will grow in the coming months...so if I may say so get it and thank me later....
Better and better- not perfect
This app gets better and better but it isn't perfect. The app has great features and a few clunky ones. More good ones than it used to have. They are being improved over time. All in all, I'm happy with my experience. I can return books I didn't like if they are returned within 6 months. I don't read (listen to) them that quickly. I buy faster than I listen to them. Some times I finish them and the "finished" indication doesn't stay associated with the book through app revisions. Not Cool!
The stories included in the titles are often well done but some presentations need serious rework - not many - but the choice for presenter could sometimes be improved. I've listened to a couple dozen different presenters by now ( a couple hundred books ). If those that were "flat" could be trained or replaced with more skilled people a lot of the stories would be better but, sometimes the story is the problem and that is a shame. It becomes easier to tell the difference between problems in story and presentation as you hear more of each. The short samples offered before you buy are most helpful ( at least to me ) only after my ear has become trained by listening to a goodly number of books by many presenters.
Fix the issues gang
I’ve used Audible for years. I average 3-4 books a month through your site. That said, not only are some of the strange kinks still there years later (why can’t I buy the book in the app - you can make purchases in every other app I’ve ever used!!!) — there are also many new issues. My books keep stopping randomly - but they are still playing, you just can’t hear anything). The only thing that fixes this when it happens is completely shutting down the phone - simply shutting down the app doesn’t work. I’ve had to shut my phone down three times today!! I feel that for the amount I pay for this service this app should be flawless. You’re not new here - you’ve had time to address customer feedback. Do it — you won’t always be the only app in town... and if these issues remain, I’ll be forced to spend my hard-earned $$ elsewhere. Come on Audible - I’ve been you’re biggest fan!!! Stop disappointing me!!
PS - People for the love of everything holy, STOP REVIEWING BOOKS in the AppStore. Audible provides an appropriate place to do this in the app / on the site. This is a place to review THE APP - NOT the latest bestseller that “really made you think!”
- Audible, Inc.
- 88.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018. Audible, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.