By Daniel Budd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The Audible Testing app makes use of Apple’s Text-to-Speech technology to allow you to create audio file tests from your vocabulary or spelling words. You can create custom spoken words, arrange them in lists and export the audio file for students to listen to.
The vocabulary words and sentences can be in different languages, so it make a perfect study tool for learning languages or any time you need a spoken list of words. Lists are easily exported as complete tests or individual audio files, which can be dragged into iTunes or your latest iBooks Author project.
- Create and manage your own audible vocabulary lists
- Import lists of words from CSV files
- Create smart lists based on category, difficulty/level or length of words
- Randomise words in the list to encourage learning of phonics rather then memorisation.
- Or, export words in Alphabetical Order to encourage memorisation
- Adjust speaking rate to suit your students
- Choose different voices and accents for audio output
- Support for over 26 languages using your computer’s built-in speech capability (OSX 10.7 and above)
What's New in Version 1.1
Fix for the failure to export audio