Need a count down timer that you don't need to look at your phone to tell you how much time is remaining?
Audible Timer is a count down timer (up to 60 minutes) that counts down the time using one of two voices. It is particularly useful for cooking, board games as well as sporting activities such as running, cycling or sailing.
- Touch and hold anywhere on screen to hear voice counting down or wait for pre-configured intervals (10s, 15s. 30s, 1m, 5m)
- Choice of male (American) of female (British) voice.
- Start sound can be customised to an alarm or various other phrases (begin, start, go).
- Option to count up or repeat when the count down reaches 00:00.
- Option to allow you to shake the phone to create a random count down start time.
- The interface can be fixed in either landscape or portrait mode.
- To stop the timer requires a swipe similar to that used to unlock the phone, this helps prevent accidental stopping of the timer if you are using it for sporting activities or you have placed the phone in your pocket
- Option to turn on a ticking sound for every second that no voice is heard.
- Phone can be locked whilst the voice counts down
- Fixed saving option to silence ticking sound when terminating application
- Fixed startup image (incorrect case in name)
Ratings and Reviews
It would be nice if phone shakes at selected intervals along with voice prompts. Also nice to fill the screen with even bigger display. The settings UI is cluttered and needs work. Can the voice say "2 minutes elapsed" instead of just saying "2 minutes". If the above suggestions fixed, it would be an useful app for RC Flying community.
This app failed me this evening. It just wouldn't prompt after first few minutes. I set it up for 14 mins and it stopped prompting after 7 minutes. I'm taking 2 stars out for not working as advertised. Looks like it's not been updated since 2009.
It helps me to stay focused. It's a great app!
This is a great app if you need a constant reminder of how much time was spent on a task or help you stay on track.
I wish this app would temporarily duck down the volume of the Music audio when announcing the time.
I tend to listen to music and use this app while doing a task, but sometimes it's hard to hear the announcement.
With that feature, it would deserve a 5 star rating from me.
I like that I can set this to just a few seconds, that meets my needs very well. HOWever, it is a shame that when alarm is selected there is no choice as to the alarm sound. I have a high frequency hearing loss after working on the flight deck and the alarm sound that comes out is a total loss. I need a Nuclear Alert alarm to be useful. Please make an update that includes alarm sound choices, thank you. A loud alarm would have rated a 5+.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.