Audibly - Make your music heard.
By Nicholas Frey
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Audibly plays your music in sync across nearby iOS devices. Just choose the songs you want, link up some devices, and you're ready to go.
Hanging out with friends and want to play a song, but your phone’s speakers aren't loud enough? Instantly create a wireless surround sound system and forget messy headphone cables.
• Create a playlist of songs from your own library
• Control the volume across all the devices
• Music kept in sync as you listen
• Use filters to change the pitch of the music
• Favorite what’s playing to come back to it later
• No Internet connection required*
Audibly was first created at WWDC by a group of Student Scholarship Recipients: Nick Frey, Chris Galzerano, and Veeral Patel.
* Music can be streamed over Peer-to-Peer Wi-Fi on newer, supported devices, anywhere you are without an Internet connection. Devices can also connect over a Wi-Fi network.
What's New in Version 1.1
Thank you for all of your feedback! We're working on some exciting new streaming service features, so watch out for that in a coming update. In this version:
- Easily select all songs by a particular artist or playlist
- Reduces confusion about songs stored in iTunes Match
- Small other enhancements
Could be amazing.
This is an awesome idea, and I'd very much like to have the app to use! The interface is simple and effective, and it all looks wonderful. Yet there are absolutely things that could be improved.
Of course, I'm sure the synchronization is very hard to perfect in terms of software, but the fact remains that syncing the music is pretty much the biggest part of this app/concept. When I tried it out between my iPod and iPhone (former broadcasting, latter listening) it sounded as though the iPhone was playing the music a little slower than the iPod. The beats seemed different, thus there was a slight delay (which I suppose could be acceptable, though frustrating as all hell).
If this could somehow be remedied I'll be forcing the app in my friends' faces right away!
Superb, add features-for-pay.
This application is amazing, should be part of the OS! Please add settings to enable auto-accept of listen requests (or those manually accepted previously). Also fix lag in switching between albums to songs or playlist.
Then, create pro version, charge $2-$3 for it, and make it free for a time via AppAdvice or Apple weekly app as a means to get folks to know of this gem.
You probably thinking it may not be worth effort. That's where kickstart could be used to test reception and fund resources (as well as get more publicity).
Pro would include some or all of following:
- broadcast of voice memos
- broadcast of videos
- chromecast support
- broadcast across Internet (distance synchronized parties!)
- live broadcasting (microphone and possibly camera)
- synchronize playing with no streaming when both devices have the same song locally.
- auto-download from Apple match
- Bluetooth and/or that near area standard
Make it Even Greater... Add Left and Right Channel selection
Just downloaded and this is fantastic to share audio streams from stored music to nearby iDevices. Worked flawlessly. Any way to send or play just the right or left audio channels? Connect powered speakers to iPhones or iPads and select which channel to play. Imagine Instant stereo at the beach, pool party, etc. It's the channel separation that makes music pop. Stereo at any distance with no wires. I think it would make Audibly a Killer App!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 21, 2014
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 6.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Nicholas Frey
- © 2014 Nick Frey, Chris Galzerano, Veeral Patel.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.