Audio Books by Audiobooks
By Simply Audiobooks Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The hottest titles, the coolest features, and the best service. Audiobooks by Audiobooks.com is the best way to enjoy more books, every day. Experience how audiobooks can transform your commute, household chores, work out sessions, and more!
This free audiobook app has a library of 4500+ free audiobooks, and more than 100,000 premium audiobooks in every genre including fiction, romance, business, sci-fi, mystery and more. Access thousands of best sellers and hundreds of new releases added every week. Download or stream an audio book to your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch and start listening to a great story instantly, no need to sync to your computer! Read more books and get more done with our most stable, feature-filled app ever.
- Your first audio book is free!
- Unlimited access to our free audiobook section with 4500+ titles
- Library of more than 100,000 premium audio books including bestsellers, weekly new releases and more
- Books added to your library are yours to keep, forever!
- Create custom bookmarks with notes, memos and comments
- Listen to books faster than ever with variable narration speed
- Detailed series information lets you browse popular series or easily find your next book
- Available to international users (library may vary based on region)
- Effortlessly enjoy audiobooks in your vehicle through full compatibility with CarPlay and select manufacturer’s in-car infotainment systems
- The only audiobook app available natively for the new Apple TV
- Download audible stories directly to any Apple mobile device, including iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
- Stream audiobooks anytime, anywhere over Wi-Fi and mobile data to enjoy your entire library without taking up device storage space
- Exclusive members-only discounts let you save up to 80% on audio books over retail list price
- Enjoy audiobooks together with a huge selection of family-friendly titles for children and young adults
- Learn a new language with hundreds of new educational audio courses for 45+ different languages
- Full-length audio Bibles and other religious audio books, meditations and prayer books
What's New in Version 5.4.2
Thanks for using Audiobooks.com! To make your user experience better, we regularly bring updates to the App Store. Every update includes improvements for reliability and speed, and fixes bugs throughout.
This update also introduces intelligent storage monitoring, which alerts you when you are running out of storage space on your device due to audiobook downloads.
I love to read but typically with an actual book in my hands. I also love being active...hiking, mountain biking, etc. Due to extremely hot temperatures outdoors and a recent medical condition, I've been given two options, either don't exercise or do it indoors. I have never liked to workout indoors and detest the noise and distraction of a gym. I'm wasn't going to stop exercising, so the dreaded gym it was. I don't like to "plug in" and listen to the many tvs playing in the gym. I would typically listen to music if going for a walk or run outdoors but that just doesn't seem to help in the gym. I thought I'd try an audiobook and now I AM HOOKED!!!! I'm at the gym from 1-2 hours and now the time flies by!!! It's like having a movie play in your head while those around you are drudging it out in the gym. I love this app. It's so easy to download and play a book. I'll admit I do occasionally get distracted and miss a bit of the story but the 10 second rewind feature let's you easily backup, find your place and lose yourself in the story once again!! I love this so much that now I can't wait to go to the gym or for anytime I can listen. Getting ready to go on vacation and plan to leave my actual books behind. No need to have them when I've got any story I want just a download and listen away!!! 👍
Fine app, needs imporoved interface
I've been using the Audible app for years, so I'm really directly comparing the Audiobooks app with that. I like that the Audiobooks app has a sleep timer and you can fast forward or go backward 30 seconds with the tap of a button. Overall, the app deserves 3 stars because it gets the job done, but just is a little less user friendly than Audible right now.
Specifically I don't like that from the opening screen, if I play the book I'm currently listening to it doesn't automatically open up to a screen where I can navigate within that book (see what chapter I'm in, back it up, etc.). It took me a while before I realized that there is a small banner at the bottom of the screen that, when tapped, takes you to these kinds of options. Being able to navigate around in the book should be the default view of any book someone is listening to.
The only other thing is that I don't have the option to change chapters at all in the book I'm currently listening to. If this is unique to this specific book, then this is not a criticism of the app at all. But I have no other books to compare to right now. If this is actually a feature lacking in the app, then it definitely needs to be addressed so that listeners can navigate between chapters.
Love this app
I'm a junior in college studying English; therefore, there is a lot of required reading. Of course, I like to take notes as I read which can be very time consuming and somewhat unrealistic with the amount of reading I have to do in a short period of time, I also have a part time job which consumes a lot of my time. Further, I find that when I'm reading, my mind sometimes wanders and I tend to disregard some punctuation making some things difficult to comprehend and I'm forced to read the same sentence/paragraph/page several times. I first used the app to listen to The Hobbit while simultaneously reading along and taking notes, and I have used it ever since. It's an amazing tool! It also makes the books accessible anywhere and I love to listen to them as I'm walking to class, driving to work, or on the way to my parents' house for the weekend. It's a great app to have if you love to read/have to read a lot, but are constantly on the go, or if you're like me and benefit from both auditory and visual learning. Though the audiobooks can be lengthy, you will not have to go back and re-read anything because the narrator has perfected the telling of the story and you can just listen with ease.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jun 16, 2016
- Version: 5.4.2
- Size: 24.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Simply Audiobooks Inc.
- © Audiobooks.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes