Record your ideas on the go or create entire music productions from scratch, we'll leave it up to you! This app is a portable multitrack audio and MIDI recording studio featuring virtual instruments, editing with unlimited undo/redo, mixing, real-time effects, automation and much more!
We'd appreciate any feedback or bug reports!
• Multitrack audio recording / playback
• MIDI sequencing with piano roll editor and MPE support
• Drum pattern editor
• Inter-app audio effects and instruments
• AudioBus support (including AudioBus remote)
• Audio Unit instruments, effects and AU MIDI
• Non-linear editing with move, trim, split, cut/copy/paste, remove, cross-fade, time-stretching etc. with full undo/redo
• Virtual instruments (comes with free instruments and more instrument packs to download)
• Clip volume and fade points
• Loop playback
• Automation of mixer and effect parameters
• Mix-down to WAV, AIFF and ALAC
• Punch in/out
• Zoom down to the sample
• Each track has controls for volume, panning, mute, solo, arm, 3-band EQ with mid-sweep, 3 insert effects, 2 effect sends and output bus selection
• Unlimited number of tracks and groups
• Real-time effects including: chorus, compressor, delay, dual delay, reverse delay, reverb, flanger, noise gate and many more!
• Offline effects: fade in/out, normalize, reverse, pitch shift, time stretching
• Several grid options for aligning your samples (with tempo and time signature settings)
• Export to other DAW's by rendering all tracks to separate audio files (stems)
• Media server to access your files easily from a desktop computer
• AudioShare support
• Cloud sync using Google Drive and Dropbox
In short: a complete portable multitrack music studio that will replace your fourtrack recorder or tape machine!
(*) The following in-app purchases are available to expand your studio:
• FX pack 1 (distortion, overdrive, speaker sim, wah wah, phaser)
• FX pack 2 (10-, 15-, 30-band graphic EQ)
• ToneBoosters effect pack 1 (Barricade, DeEsser, Gate, Reverb)
• ToneBoosters EQ with frequency analyzer
• ToneBoosters Compressor
• ToneBoosters Ferox
• Vocal Tune with two-voice harmonizer
• Soundfont instrument packs
• Loop packs from Function Loops
The 'PRO' in-app purchase is only for people who downloaded version 1.x in the past and is not applicable to version 2.0 or higher.
If you have any suggestions, questions or want to report a bug, please contact us! We'll gladly solve any problem!
Online manual: http://www.audio-evolution.com/manual/doku.php?id=start
* When pressing Auto, the automation lanes for busses are now displayed as well and can be edited
* The automation lanes now show a horizontal dotted line for the default value of the selected parameter
* Parameters for AUv3 instruments can now be recorded (touch automation)
* Added ‘Paste’ to relevant pop-up menus in Scroll mode for faster pasting without having to go into Range mode
* Control Change value lines are now drawn thicker
* Added an option to the Settings to activate drum pad velocity where the vertical tap position in a drum pad determines the velocity/volume
* Channel pressure and pitch bend events are now only added if there is no other such event around that time
* The piano roll editor now draws a center line for pitch bend and pitch bend events are now snapped to the center
* Channel pressure and pitch bend events can now be both created and edited in Draw mode
* Added ‘Convert to instrument track’ option for MIDI tracks
* When selecting Seaboard or Lightpad Block as MIDI input, ‘Keep channel information’ is turned on automatically
* The AudioUnit interface entry was not displayed in the More menu of a drum pattern track for small phones. Solved.
* The MIDI channel on output of instrument tracks was forced to one channel which would cause problems with MPE. Solved.
* Fixed an issue with the virtual keyboard where a key release would stop other keys from moving
* Solved an issue with range display on MIDI clips
* Solved a problem with note off events not being sent on the correct channel after pressing stop, causing stuck notes.
* Solved a problem with MIDI playback in loop mode
* Solved an issue with importing files with UTF8 encoding
* Solved a crash with AudioBus
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use, but does not work with AltiSpace
I like how quickly I can get tracks down with the software, and really like the operational flow. And since the recent update fixed the prior issue with AltiSpace, this is now my go-to program. I also own Auria and GarageBand, but using this, once you get the hang of it, is cassette deck simple and fast, and has most if not all of the horsepower of Auria, but hidden under the hood, just where I want it. From the the time the notion hits to record a song, to the time it is being recorded is measured in seconds, including plugging in a mic, with great audio quality and plenty of built in effects. Great job!
Great for what it is!
Seeing a lot of negative reviews for this nitpicking at what it doesn't include at the base price of FREE. I just wanted something that I could route all of my audiobus 3 channels into that would actually treat them as multi tracks. I already have some great apps on my laptop so I didn't want to drop another $20-$40 just for a multi track app on iPad. This met my basic requirements and gave me a ton more. The only feature requests at this point would be a way to view the whole mixer as a separate window from the tracks as well as view track labels when recording.
Benefit of the doubt
This app has so much potential. I really do hope that they continue to update and improve it. I even tried to buy the full version but I guess there’s some kind of bug and it’s interfering with my ability to do so
- Davy Wentzler
- 76.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © eXtream Software Development
- In-App Purchases
- PRO (v1.x only) $5.99
- FX pack 1 $1.99
- ToneBoosters FX pack 1 $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.