Audible – Audio books, original audio shows, ad-free podcasts, and more.
By Audible, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enjoy books and great stories? Download Audiobooks from Audible, an Amazon company, to listen to books on the go.
Story time is anytime with Audible! Listen to your favourite stories anywhere, from a breathtaking range of more than 180,000 titles downloadable to your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. Audible has books ranging from best sellers to classics, and everything in-between.
Now you can listen to a good book even when you can’t pick one up - on your commute to work, when training at the gym, while folding laundry, or any other time simply for pure enjoyment.
Best Sellers such as:
• Harry Potter
• The Martian
• The Girl on the Train
• Modern Romance: An Investigation
• Tricky Twenty-Two: A Stephanie Plum Novel
• Slaughterhouse Five
• The Lake House
• Between the World and Me
• Fates and Furies: A Novel
• Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear
• The Crossing
A wide range of popular categories like:
• Crime and thriller
• Science fiction
• Self development
• Mindfulness and meditation
• Kids’ books
• Many more!
Download books to your device over Wi-Fi
• Download a huge library of audiobooks from Audible.com
• Sample audiobooks with Audible’s free streaming player
• Listen to books online or offline – during long drives, gym sessions, walks and more
Chapter navigation, bookmarking, sleep mode, variable narration speed, and button-free mode
• Audible’s audiobooks are easy to navigate
• Speed up or slow down audio for optimal narration
• Set bookmarks to instantly pick up where you left off in each story
Download audiobooks while you listen with multitasking
• Download audiobooks in the background while you listen to your favourite book
• Audiobooks keep playing while you download new books
With Whispersync for Voice switch between listening on the audiobook player and reading on a compatible Kindle device without ever losing your place
• Available on thousands of ebooks and Audiobooks
• Switch seamlessly between listening to your Audiobooks and reading on your companion Kindle
Earn rewards and keep track of your listening habits
• Track your listening to become more productive in the New Year and for 2016
• Earn rewards while you listen
• Listening habits are easy to track to help improve your efficiency
Share your reading habits with friends
• Connect to Facebook and Twitter to let your friends know what you’re listening to
Get insider information about author events and more with the Audible Newsfeed
• Audible will make sure you’re the first to hear about new events
Supports Audible.com, Audible.com.au, Audible.co.jp, Audible.co.uk, Audible.de, and Audible.fr
Listening with Audible is always time well spent. Download the free app now and discover a smarter way to use your smartphone.
Let us help you at www.audible.com/help or get in touch on Twitter @audible_com
What's New in Version 2.13
What's New in 2.13
* You can now search your entire library using your native iOS search for users on iOS 9+
* Sharing from the player is now easier than ever
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
I love audible! Round trip, my commute is 70 miles a day, so having books to listen to really takes that from awful boring traffic time to relaxing and enjoyable me time. I really like the interface for this app, it is really simple and easy to work with. The only thing I wish was different was that I wish you could make purchases in app. Also, not really an app thing more of an audible thing, if you ever have to deal with their customer service it is honestly the least stressful and most pleasant! They helped me put my account on hold for a few months when I wasn't going to be using it in the summer. This company is great to its customers.
Edit: now that I have a zillion titles, it would be great if I had a way to organize them all. Like, idk, a simple folder system or alphabetical, or genre...something. It's just a mess. Also, when downloading a bunch of titles at once, you have to constantly open the window back up to make sure the next download actually starts.
Audible, could you pay attention for once
Same thing with the most recent up grade all finished books marked unfinished. I give up asking for this to be fixed. I just want to know why mark them at all? What purpose does it serve when you delete the marks at every upgrade?
Fix something and break something else...but there is one constant upgrade after upgrade that makes me scream. Why is it that when the app is upgraded that all the finished books become unfinished? This is critical if you have a lot of books and want to know which ones you read. This is the fourth upgrade in a row where this has happened and I have learned one thing AUDIBLE DOESN'T CARE AND CANNOT OR WILL NOT FIX IT. Customer care doesn't. They just tell me it is a unique problem and push it off on the techies who don't care either. It's not unique READ THE REVIEWS
I'm done with audible until they make an app that will track finished and unfinished books.
Reset library again
Overall I love audible, but the app can cause some serious frustration. Whenever there is an update, my library will reset the titles that I have marked as finished. This wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have several hundred titles in my library, and used the finished status as a filter to sift out things I've already listened to so I don't have to sort through them to download new content to my phone. Even worse still is that it will continually reset my library for days or weeks after an update, so even if I go back and mark all the old titles it might yet still come through and randomly purge their status anyway.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jun 23, 2016
- Version: 2.13
- Size: 74.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese
- Seller: Audible, Inc.
- © 2015. Audible, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.