Audible audio books & podcasts
By Audible, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
LISTENING IS THE NEW READING
Welcome to Audible, an Amazon company. Home of the world’s largest selection of audiobooks, audio shows, and original series.
Hear A-list celebrities narrate their favorite stories, enjoy full-cast performances, discover Grammy:registered: award-winning audiobooks, and more. Listen to your audiobooks anytime, anywhere—at home or on the go with our free app. Even if you switch devices, you'll never lose your place.
Download the Audible app free today.
WHAT’S TO LOVE
- Explore new releases, best-sellers, mysteries, sci-fi, romance, and memoirs – whatever your passion you're sure to find the perfect listen.
- Keep up to date on current trends, news, and events with Audible original audio shows and top stories from The New York Times, The Washington Post, and others.
- Whether you’re relaxing at home, commuting to work, at the gym, or just doing chores, there’s a story for every activity.
WHAT WE’RE LISTENING TO
- IT by Stephen King
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
- I Can’t Make This Up by Kevin Hart
- Artemis by Andy Weir
EXPLORE FEATURES FOR THE AUDIOBOOK LISTENER
- Access ad-free, premium audio. Listen without interruptions.
- Download your books to listen to offline.
- Automatically sync your audiobooks across all your devices.
- Customize your narration speed.
- Set a sleep timer for up to an hour, or until the next chapter.
- Seamlessly switch between listening to audiobooks and reading ebooks on your Amazon Kindle with Whispersync for Voice
HERE’S HOW TO GET STARTED
1. Download the free Audible app
2. Sign in securely with your Amazon account
3. Choose any book to start listening. Your first book is free
WHAT OUR LISTENERS ARE SAYING
“I have felt every range of emotion while listening, getting so caught up that I’m actually ‘happy’ to hit traffic” – James C. Listener since 2010
“My son wouldn’t read. But he listened to book after book and loved them so much, he learned to read!” – Noelle C. Listener since 2006
“I find that audiobooks bring a story to life, and add a dimension to the characters that reading doesn’t always give me.” – Laura H. Listener since 2001
“After my daughter was born, I simply didn’t have time to curl up with a good book anymore. Audible gave that back to me.” Jay O. Listener since 2011
Download the free Audible audiobook player and start listening!
What's New in Version 2.29
Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements.
Easy, straight forward design very good, could use a few touches
Really enjoying this app, while it can’t measurement up to just reading a book, it is great to hear the different narrators and their take on the characters, for example using different intonations based on the characters they’re reading. Also having both male and female narrators reading different parts is something that reading can’t provide, I’m a guy and could never understand the female characters in the same way a female narrator can. I’ve also found that I tend not to stay up all night reading, personally a big plus.
Couple suggestions are providing a sleep timer more options (keep the end of chapter one please), and ability to adjust the place in the chapter from the lock screen.
I like to support authors and feel much better knowing they are getting paid for their work.
Cracking spy yarn blows the lid from the KGB
Dimitri, a sullen boy from the Ural Mountains, meets Olga, a rotund and spoiled daughter of a high level Moscow operatcik. Hilarity ensues as the bumpkin interacts with top-drawer Soviet sophisticates in a world where day is night and black is white and visa versus. Wally, a Florida born 'good ole boy' working for 'a Langley based company' (now revealed as the CIA) takes a shine to Olga and in a nod to correctness may or may not have his eye on Dimitri (nobody judging here). Dimitri tried to 'turn' Wally to become a double agent for the KGB (although not clear that Dimitri has any connection to the KGB. JFK has a cameo appearance as a hard charging ambitious Senator with a wandering eye but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the story. A great white whale called 'Tiny Tim' enters the tale but this stab at magical realism is confusing and pointless. Best to leave this sort of things to the Latin Americans.
I love Audible
I’ve been an Audible member for over a year now and I’m hooked. I look forward to my time to listen each day. Having a great book to listen to makes workouts more enjoyable. Audible has good customer service that is willing and able to help me whenever I need it.
I’ve always been a big reader, but Audible books take reading to a whole new level. I often recommend books to friends but recently I’ve started suggesting they make the effort to listen to the book if they get the chance.
By the way, Star Wars and Harry Potter we’re made to be audio books. Their productions and core groups of performers are amazing.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Dec 08, 2017
- Version: 2.29
- Size: 78.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese
- Seller: Audible, Inc.
- © 2015. Audible, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.