Audio Books by Audiobooks
By Simply Audiobooks Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We’ve overhauled our app to give it a sleek new look and feel for improved performance and effortless listening! Enjoy audiobooks from our massive library and see how they can transform your commute, household chores, work out sessions, and more. This free audiobook app has a library of more than 60,000 audiobooks in every genre including fiction, romance, business, sci-fi, mystery and more, PLUS over 2500 free audiobooks. We’ve got thousands of best sellers and add hundreds of new releases every week. Download or stream an audio book to your iPhone or iPad and start listening to a great story instantly. Read more books and get more done with audiobooks from Audiobooks.com!
• Your first audio book is free!
• Unlimited access to our free audiobook section with 2500+ titles
• Now available to international users (library may vary based on region)
• Effortlessly enjoy audiobooks in your vehicle through full compatibility with CarPlay and select manufacturer’s in-car infotainment systems
• Download audible stories directly to any Apple mobile device
• Stream audiobooks anytime, anywhere over Wi-Fi and mobile data
• Rate and review your audio books without leaving the app
• Streaming allows you to instantly access your entire library without taking up device storage space
• Listen to an audiobook over multiple devices – switch seamlessly between your iPhone, iPad and computer without losing your place
• Exclusive members-only discounts let you save up to 80% on audio books over retail list price
• Library of more than 60,000 audio books including bestsellers, weekly new releases and more
• Enjoy audiobooks together with a huge selection of family-friendly titles for children and young adults
• Learn a new language with hundreds of new educational audio courses for 45+ different languages
• Full-length audio Bibles and other religious audio books, meditations and prayer books
What's New in Version 5.0.4
• Updated CarPlay inline with iOS 8.3 conventions
• Improved stability for iOS 7.0
• Minor bugs and general improvements
Very basic audiobook app.
This app has a very limited feature set - but what it has works well. I really miss not having a 1.25x speed. Often 1 is too slow and 1.5x is too fast. You can not customize the jump back and jump forward buttons. I like 10 seconds because I usually just misses something and want to hear it again. 30 seconds is usually way too much, and if it’s not just hit the “10" 3 times. This app also doesn’t offer any way to bookmark which seems very basic. You also cannot add notes. The two titles I have listened to so far don’t have chapters and it looks like this is the case across the entire app. There is no way to choose the quality of the recording if you want a faster download or a better sounding experience. I don’t see any indication of how much time is remaining on a book in progress. I also don’t see any indication that a book in the library has been completed. I would also make the cover art bigger and the controls a little smaller and less spread out. For me, it’s lacking more features than it has - but what it has works.
I had some eye problems a few years ago, and have been using audio recordings for some time, but was not familiar with Audiobooks. I had been reading Gray Mountain, but my time was expiring, so I went looking for an audio source that I did not have to wait months to get the book. That is when I found Audiobooks, and I am so glad I did. They were able to get Gray Mountain immediately. I especially like how user friendly this app is. I have it on my i-pad and take it wherever I go. Their selection of books is excellent. On other apps I have had them cut out, but that has not happened on this app. Also, I use it on blue tooth when I am working in the kitchen with the noise, and it has worked so well. No problems at all. I would highly recommend this app to anyone who loves the ease, accessibility, and enjoyment of audio books with an app that works so well. I am sold on it.
Quick, easy and works very well!
I began commuting to work again unexpectedly so needed an audiobook quick. I was burned by another company software so I was a bit wary. It was simple to download and create an account. I found some really great authors and am already having a hard time choosing what to listen to first! I like the amount of books available so far and that it can play back even when off the network as long as your book is downloaded to your device. That is so much more convenient than streaming it and getting hung up (usually on the best parts!)
One thing I would like to see is an advanced search- such as search by genre and by rating so I can see the best books in my favorite type of book that others think are the best!
Oh one more note- I had a question for customer service and it got replied to within the hour! Good stuff!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Apr 30, 2015
- Version: 5.0.4
- Size: 3.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Simply Audiobooks Inc.
- © Audiobooks.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.