AudioShare - audio document manager
By Kymatica (Jonatan Liljedahl)
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A sound file manager with powerful import and export abilities. If you are using music-making apps, then this tool is a must-have!
"If you make music with an iDevice, you need this app. It just makes sense." - smitematter.com
"AudioShare is a Must Have App for musicians, a Killer App!" - apps4idevices.com
Organize all your soundfiles and midifiles on your device. Record, trim, convert, normalize, transfer, export, import, zip, unzip. Create folders, rename and move files and folders around, put everything where you can find it.
Built-in Inter-App Audio host with 4 node slots. Record Inter-App Audio compatible instruments and effects, or process files through the chain! AudioShare is also a node itself that can be used in other hosts like Garageband or Auria.
Use it to transfer files between apps and between your device and computer. For example, transfer your new track from your favorite music-making app and import into the AudioShare library, then share it on your SoundCloud account, or transfer it into other apps. Or record your live-jam from other Audiobus-apps.
You can record directly in the app, from hardware, Inter-App Audio, or other Audiobus compatible apps. Preview and play soundfiles with waveform display and looping, trim and normalize soundfiles, and convert to other file formats.
• Record external input (such as microphone) directly in app
• Record the live output of other Audiobus-compatible apps
• Record Inter-App Audio node apps
• Plays and records in 96k, 48k, 44.1k, 22k, 11k and 8k sample rates
• Plays and records 16, 24 and 32 bit files
• AudioCopyPaste (General pasteboard, Retronyms ACP2.0)
• Import/Export through iOS8 Document Pickers like iCloud Drive
• AudioShare Document Picker extension allows direct access to your sound file library from within other apps
• Built-in Dropbox client
• Use "Open in" from other apps or to open a file in other apps
• WiFi Drive: transfer files from/to any computer on your local network
• Import songs from iTunes music library
• Import/Export from/to AudioShare-compatible apps
• Access files through iTunes File Sharing
• Playback of almost any kind of sound file
• Trim, apply fade ins and fade outs
• Convert between sound file formats
• Share your sounds on your SoundCloud account
• Send your sounds by email
NOTE: Please don't use reviews and rating as a channel for negative feedback or complains, I can't reply there! Just send me an email instead.
What's New in Version 2.7.3
• Native support for iPad Pro
• Support slide-over and split-screen on iOS 9
• Minor fixes and tweaks
Absolutely essential for moving sounds around in iOS from app to app. I've tried Audiocopy, and it was buggy, a lot of crashing. This works perfectly, especially in conjunction with Dropbox. It is very easy to record from apps directly into AudioShare, build a loop library in Dropbox, and import into Loopy, Auria, iMPC, your DAW etc. Making a drum loop in Gadget? Run a drum hit through a delay or reverb app in Audiobus, record into AudioShare, trim, and import back into Bilbao as a sample. Very quick, functional and reliable app to work with. Only problem is sometimes selecting trim points in loops, but you can use the nudge button to get it right. Somebody else reviewed this app by saying you don't even know how much you need it until you start using it, and I couldn't agree more, it is in every aspect of my workflow now, and I wasn't even sure what I would use it for when I bought it.
Great app, but would love to have...
- Ableton Link support
- The ability to set record loop lengths like how Loopy does. For example, if I had if you apps playing in the background and I wanted to record a 4 Bar Loop, I could simply set AudioShare to record 4 bars and it would start at first downbeat of the next bar. That way you would get perfectly recorded loops that are the exact length you want, rather than having to go back in to AudioShare after and crop them to length.
- the ability to preview / audition MIDI files IN TIME with playing background audio
- The ability to search a not just folders, but FOLDER CONTENTS. As it currently is, if you search a folder for ".mid" (MIDI files) and that folder only contains other folders it will not return any results. Instead, you have to tap down the folder hierarchy to get to the folder where the MIDI files are stored.
Overall,great app from an exceptional developer. Would highly recommend checking out his new app called AUM btw - it is top notch. And no, I am not related or affiliated in any way.
Good work, essential app. I usually have tons of ideas for improvement but for you I have just three
I think the wave viewer would vastly benefit from having pinch Zoom. I find myself cutting down longer tracks multiple times and making intermediate files. The current hold and zoom in restricts you to a short section and for some reason always seems to be not where I want. The nudge tools are cool, but so much quicker to just zoom in and set the spot right where you want it.
Let the record window move around and allow for selecting audio files. When I go to record effects on a file I often have to close it back out to select the file I want, and it would be fun to be able to play different files through the effects, I sometimes jam tapping on the one shots or skipping through a file but can't record that in the current state.
Also a transient threshold auto splicer would be amazing for creating kits from loops.
Cheers you epic iOS music app champion
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 05, 2016
- Version: 2.7.3
- Size: 5.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: jonatan liljedahl
- © 2012 Jonatan Liljedahl
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.