A sound file manager with powerful import and export abilities. If you are using music-making apps, then this tool is a must-have!
Organize all your soundfiles and midifiles on your device. Record, trim, convert, normalize, transfer, export, import, zip, unzip. Create folders, rename and move files and folders around, put everything where you can find it.
Use it to transfer files between apps and between your device and computer. For example, transfer your new track from your favorite music-making app and import into the AudioShare library, then share it on your SoundCloud account, or transfer it into other apps. Or record your live-jam from other IAA or Audiobus apps.
You can record directly in the app, from microphone, external audio interfaces, Inter-App Audio, or other Audiobus compatible apps. Preview and play soundfiles with waveform display and looping, trim and normalize soundfiles, and convert to other file formats such as M4A AAC or ALAC (Apple Lossless), WAV, AIFF, CAF with options for bit rate or bit depth and sample rate.
• Organize audio and recordings in files and folders
• Record external input (such as microphone) directly in app
• Record the live output of other Audiobus-compatible apps
• Record Inter-App Audio node apps
• Plays and records in 96k, 48k, 44.1k, 22k, 11k and 8k sample rates
• Plays and records 16, 24 and 32 bit files
• AudioCopyPaste (General pasteboard, Retronyms ACP3)
• Import/Export through iOS Document Pickers like iCloud Drive
• AudioShare Document Picker extension allows direct access to your sound file library from within other apps
• Built-in Dropbox client
• Use "Open in" from other apps or to open a file in other apps
• WiFi Drive: transfer files from/to any computer on your local network
• Import songs from your on-device Music library
• Easy Import/Export from/to AudioShare-compatible apps
• Access files through iTunes File Sharing
• Playback of almost any kind of soundfile
• Add notes with the built-in text editor
• Trim, apply fade ins and fade outs
• Convert between sound file formats
• Share your sounds on your SoundCloud account
• Send your sounds by email
• Replace '/' in filenames for recordings. Fixes recording of KORG iMono/Poly IAA app.
• Fix clicks/distortion when looping some files on devices running at 48kHz.
• Don't freeze app if trying to loop a zero-duration audio file.
Ratings and Reviews
Copy and cut and paste
Please - this tool cries out for basic cut/copy-and-paste editing. Yes, I have editors that can do this. But this app is where many of us manage our audio files. To have to go to another app to do very basic editing slows everything down. Given the things this does well - others have listed them, so I’ll skip a repetition - one would think cut/copy-and-paste would already be in the feature set. Years into its existence, AudioShare still lacks this function set.
I still use the app for what is does do. It remains an important app for music on this platform. I have to tell you, though - it would make my life disproportionately easier to have simple editing features available to speed so many little chores without having to go in and out of other apps. I am certain the same would be true for many other people.
For file conversion, auditing, sharing, storing, etc., this is the standard - the outstanding example of the type. My comment above focuses on something that, for the moment, the app author has chosen not to do.
Still love it, but can we get the HTTP downloads again?
As epic as ever, and the ALAC support is pretty interesting. But my question is if we can get the browser, or even a version of wget to download files directly inside like the old days. :-) I'm using FileBrowser right now to do it for stuff like free downloads from SoundCloud (it's how I check how much they trash a new upload from anything on my iOS devices) and was hoping the SDK/Apple AppStore policies might have changed to allow that again. I'm only asking on here as the dev is pretty quick, and others might still be wondering. Thanks.
As far as I know, It's still not allowed to include music download functionality like that.
Awesome and always getting better
I love this app. Still my go to app for field recordings, as the end of my Audiobus chain, quick sound fixes and more. So many audio apps come and go but this has been here since I started making sound on an iPod touch 3. I feel safe continuing to use it because it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Dropbox support is a must have for me and this app has had it as far back as I can remember. Copy and paste a must as well. Easy to use and a must for iOS musicians. Can't wait to see what the future holds! Thanks for all of your work!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.