By Andrew Smith
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
AudioTools Wireless is a pro-caliber SPL Meter, with A and C weighting, and also includes an audio signal generator that can produce sine waves, square waves, and white and pink noise.
It also can send the microphone audio wirelessly to other Studio Six Digital apps running on another iOS device over a LAN.
In addition to sending the uncompressed digital audio, AudioTools Wireless also sends the calibration data to the host application, so that the dB value on the host application will match the value on the AudioTools Wireless device.
When linked to a Studio Six Digital audio app, AudioTools Wireless can also be used as a remote generator, so that you can control the generator output signal wirelessly.
AudioTools Wireless is compatible with the Studio Six Digital iTestMic. Since iTestMic stores its calibration internally, when you plug it into AudioTools Wireless that calibration is extracted and transmitted to the host device.
Data is sent in full 48kHz 16-bit format, uncompressed for full fidelity. You can control the latency to account for local network performance.
Currently the following Studio Six Digital apps are supported for wireless communication with AudioTools Wireless, more coming soon:
* RTA -- Real Time Analyzer
* FFT -- Fast Fourier Transform audio analyzer
* SPL Meter -- Sound Level Meter
* Smaart Spectrum -- FFT-based audio analyzer
* AudioTools -- Requires AudioTools 6.6 or later
What's New in Version 2.2
- Added Calibration Error Report link to support page
- Fixed crashes on iOS 8 and iOS 9
- Fixed issue with multiple Studio Six Digital apps trying to access our accessories
Live Calibration Updates
- Added cloud-based database for all iOS devices that can be updated in real time
- All devices included
- Includes local default files, in case a device has no internet connectivity
- Different databases for each major iOS version, starting with iOS 10
- New iPhones added to live calibration database
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 29, 2017
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 26.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Swedish
- Seller: Andrew Smith
- © Andrew Smith
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.