Audrey Grant’s Better Bridge - Bringing you the world’s best bridge information
By Audrey Grant's Better Bridge Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Improve your bridge game with instructional material from the game’s top teacher. Intermediate and experienced bridge players can enjoy a free preview of the online Daily Bridge Column. New players can view a free interactive introduction to the game of bridge.
The Daily Bridge Column includes the following features:
- Interactive deals that you can bid, play, and defend accompanied by a complete walkthrough that you can view beforehand or after trying the deal.
- Bidding quizzes on various aspects of the game.
- Columns by guest celebrities such as World Champion Eddie Kantar.
- Interviews with the top players and coaches in the game, such as Eric Rodwell and Eric Kokish.
- Famous deals, where you have a chance to play the deal and then read the story behind it.
After viewing the trial columns, you can subscribe to the Daily Bridge Column for $9.99 per month. As a subscriber, you will be able to access each day’s column from your iPad, PC, or MAC.
Bridge Basics 1: An Introduction is the first set of lessons from Learn to Play Bridge with Audrey Grant. It is designed for the absolute beginner. The material is presented in a clear, well-organized format, moving smoothly from one topic to the next. It’s based on the most up-to-date information the game has to offer.
It includes the following features:
- A sound track that accompanies the lesson material, allowing you to focus on the hands and the graphics.
- High quality graphics explaining the various lesson points.
- Practice deals – you’ll play with skilled robots to help you develop good card play techniques.
- Interactive quizzes that let you review what you have learned and track your progress.
After viewing the first free lesson, you can purchase the entire set Bridge Basics 1: An Introduction for $34.99.
What's New in Version 2.1
Improved iPhone right hand side scrolling and explanation display.
Fixed Progress screen persistency.
Fixed unneccessary application data updates.
The way bridge should be done
Audrey Grant has taken the concept of the daily newspaper bridge column and brought it into the 21st century, and has done it the right way. This app sets the standard for interactive presentation of bridge hands. I considered docking it 1 star for the high monthly cost, but then I realized that a year of Audrey Grant is only a bit more than a year of Bridge World magazine, and both are worth the investment. Next they need to incorporate daily columns like Frank Stewart and monthly like Bridge With The Abbot.
This is a terrific bridge workout. It's for intermediates and up. A daily challenge or lesson. What is striking is the ease of use and the design. It works. Apart from the occasional editing error in the text. It will be interesting to see how the content evolves as subscribers become familiar with some of the strands. But excellent.
Helps my bridge playing!
I've played this app almost every day and it is both a good mental challenge and has made me a better player!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 06, 2016
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 85.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Audrey Grant's Better Bridge Inc.
- Copyright © 2014 Audrey Grant’s Better Bridge Software Copyright © 2014 GGP Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 30-day Daily Bridge Column subscription$9.99
- Bridge Basics 1: An Introduction$34.99
- Five Steps to Simplify the End Play$11.99